Problems with Beckett.com / Subway survey

O

oldmarine0311

I don't have a beckett account, and I love Subway so I skipped to the Subway part. I agree not to lie on surveys, it is awful that he brought it up to you, since surveys are supposed to be unanimous.
At least you got a free cookie:D

yea but was it ummm "moist" hahahaha thats what would be in the back of my mind the next time i went in there, i would wonder if it had extra special sauce.

valediction

5.00 star(s)
I had a some what interesting few days id like to share and rather then posting two different threads, i decided to cram them into one.

Beckett

Everyone knows how crappy the beckett site can run and hows its been running as of lately... After each error i recieved when searching for info on a certain card or set i would send the message back to beckett with the error code. I never recieved a reply back until i started sending the same message 15 times :) . They would state they are aware of the problem & fixing it. Fast forward afew weeks. My subsciption ran out & the site seemed to be running ok, with minor problems here and there. So i decided to repurchase the six month baseball subsciption. Well, needless to say over the first three days i could not get anything but error messages or results that came up with nothing 90% of the time.

I went to the message board steamed trying to find some info and admit i posted afew inappropriate but very truthful comments about beckett and how it runs. Like i have many times before in the past by posting or e-mail. I guess they were offened about the over whelming responses they were recieving about their service and decided to ban or suspend me for my comments? Cant figure out which? Im unavailable when searched out and cant login with that account :rolleyes:. So i e-mail them stating basically if they cant provide the service to refund my money and sent it to 3 people & left 2 messages by phone. Beckett states this on the help page:

Can I cancel a Pricing Subscription?
Pricing subscriptions cannot be canceled once they are purchased.

What happens if I accidentally purchased pricing I didn't want?
Always be very careful to look over your pricing subscriptions before finalizing the purchase. Once it is purchased, we cannot undo it.

I recieve this e-mail message from them within 24 hours & was credited back my money.

You subscription has been cancelled and we have issued refund for the subscription you purchased.

So... they knowingly admit they stiff their customers with a crappy online pricing service ? Ill probably repurchase the service after the new system comes out and only if it gets good reviews. It is alot easier then thumbing through the magazine for book values.

------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------

Subway

I go to subway about once a week since its 2 minutes away. I recently noticed the survey offer on the bottom of the reciept for a free cookie :eek:. I gave them an excellent review on everything but suggesting others not to visit that store & left the following comment last week 12/2.

Seems like something is always not available when visiting this location. Mainly the selection of bread but were out of chicken (chicken bacon ranch), tomatoes, onions and even lettuce once. Some of the employees need more training on preparing & cutting sandwich at times as bread gets ripped & is messy to eat. Also at times theres only one person working. Store needs improvement.

I go in there yesterday to order and hand them the cookie code when paying. The employee, who is the manager looks up at me and says "so your the person who gave us a bad review ". Im thinking to myself, im i the only person who filled out the survey and why is he confronting me about it in front of other customers? I replied " yes, that was me ". He added the cookie and i was on my way...

Now honestly, im i suppose to lie on the survey? Out of lettuce, come on. Who runs out of lettuce? I didnt even mention that several of the employees have a hard time speaking english, they didnt plow the parking lot of snow last year for 2 days (12' of snow) and that new manager several weeks ago actually put all the veggies together on the counter while my sandwich was being toasted then piled them on afterwards to only be offended when asked to remake the sandwich over. They should never run out of any product specially during the late afternoon as all they have to do is reorder accordingly or pick it up at the will call office where i work. Theres multiple pallets of each item available. Anyone else have these problems at subway?

So Beckett words it poorly. They CAN credit and cancel, it's just something they don't want to make a habit of because too many people can take advantage and I doubt they have the time and manpower needed police every subscription to figure out if it's a legit issue or someone trying to pull something.

The Subway one makes no sense. If you're advising other people to go to another location, why don't YOU? Why would they change their service when all it takes to get you back in the door is a free cookie and the fact that it's close?

akamikey2001

5.00 star(s)
The Subway I go to is awesome

Come to Mantiowoc WI for a good Subway store

A bit out of my way for a quick lunch :)

yea but was it ummm "moist" hahahaha thats what would be in the back of my mind the next time i went in there, i would wonder if it had extra special sauce.

Atleast you get to watch them make your sandwich at subway. After watching that movie Waiting, i sometimes wonder what goes on behind closed doors. :eek:

So Beckett words it poorly. They CAN credit and cancel, it's just something they don't want to make a habit of because too many people can take advantage and I doubt they have the time and manpower needed police every subscription to figure out if it's a legit issue or someone trying to pull something.

The Subway one makes no sense. If you're advising other people to go to another location, why don't YOU? Why would they change their service when all it takes to get you back in the door is a free cookie and the fact that it's close?

Your probably right on the beckett thing. They might beable to check from past searches which as some kind of time log ?

Ill have to start going to another location as its not worth the hassel... Im usually on my way to work & in a hurry.

Last edited:

ktcardshop

Beckett Censorship

You have o watch out what you say around Beckett. I've had several posts disappear lately and the kicker was in someone else's post there was a notation warning them about keeping the language 'G' rated from an editor. So they do read the posts and delete the ones that they don't agree with. The final straw was this email that I received recently:

Hello Ray,

There are two reasons why your website URL was removed from the signature.

1) Your website has a link to www.sportlots.com. That is an e-commerce site being promoted through a signature. It may not be yours per se, but it is a commercial site.

2) The link is also going to a page about trading, as you clearly reference below. Signatures and discussions cannot promote trading outside of the Beckett Trade area.

We hope that helps explain why your signature was edited.

Rishabh Sood

Beckett Media

Customer Helpdesk Phone: 800-764-6278 (Magazine subscriptions)
4635 McEwen Rd 972-991-6657, option 3 (Web site)
Dallas, TX 75244 Fax # 954-827-0683

So you see Beckett does practice censorship. That is why I did not re-subscribe to the Beckett price guide, rather I purchased a copy of the card collector complete with card pricing.

Ray