• ATTENTION: Do you have a local card shop near you? If so, please help us out by adding their location into our new card shop tool.

Profile Posts and new nicknames

mrmopar

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Mostly wanting to know why the profile posts are shown in a forum type manner? Aren't those more like messages between members?

Also, I noticed for the first time, although not sure when it changed, that my profile says All-Star. Is there a place that shows the different nicknames and how they are presented to members? I don't care per se, just more cusious than anything.

Mike121

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Mostly wanting to know why the profile posts are shown in a forum type manner? Aren't those more like messages between members?
Profile post are probably something that should be disabled. I'm, honestly, not sure what purpose they serve. They were never meant to be private. I think they're supposed to be something similar to posting on Twitter.

Also, I noticed for the first time, although not sure when it changed, that my profile says All-Star. Is there a place that shows the different nicknames and how they are presented to members? I don't care per se, just more cusious than anything.
These are still subject to change, but at the time of this post, this is how it works. These tiers are based on bench points.

0 Bench Warmer
1 Prospect
20 Rookie
50 Pro
100 Veteran
500 All-Star
1000 MVP
2500 HOF
5000 Legend

mrmopar

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Interesting. Are points only earned via trades? i think those points did replace the trade counts, although I believe some people have said their numbers changed to the negative. I think mine did too, but to the positive (meaning I thought i had fewer trades than points).

Mike121

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Interesting. Are points only earned via trades? i think those points did replace the trade counts, although I believe some people have said their numbers changed to the negative. I think mine did too, but to the positive (meaning I thought i had fewer trades than points).
That is right. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why the counts were coming out different during the upgrade and the only thing I could come up with is that either there were some trades deleted at some point before I took over or the old system had a few glitches and didn't count the totals correctly. I was never able to come up with a definitive answer to that, unfortunately.

I should mention that for those whose number increased, it could only be due to a calculation error. Points now are only given once a rating is added. I ran multiple tests, with the intentions of breaking the system, to make sure it would work flawlessly. Not to say there aren't any problems with the system. I just wasn't able to find them during my testing.

You can view all of your past transactions by going to the main transactions page, and using the filters to change the status to "Any". I'd be extremely surprised to find out that there aren't exactly 621 transactions listed there, not counting freebies and any active transactions you have where you haven't received a rating yet.

Last edited: