Protecting Rule 5 Eligible players!!! IMPORTANT THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
If you have a player Eligible to be taken in the rule 5 Draft, (denoted by a hashtag "#" When looking at your rosters) and you want that player Protected from being taken in the RUle 5 Draft THAT PLAYER MUST BE ON YOUR MAN ROSTER and that player MUST BE ON YOUR 40 MAN ROSTER when you export for Sundays Sim So you have until 2:00 PM Tomorrow to Protect Your players!!!

Last edited:
I would assume since the draft is Sunday night that the Rule 5 protections would have to be in by tomorrow's deadline....if you allow protections through Sunday, the players protected that day will not show up unless everyone exports before the draft.

The player just has to be on the 40 man roster, NOT THE 25 MAN ROSTER, otherwises you have to pay them... Choose wisely!!!

The player just has to be on the 40 man roster, NOT THE 25 MAN ROSTER, otherwises you have to pay them... Choose wisely!!!

I noticed a few people gave their protections major league deals. That's nearly half a million a player. If you protect 10 people that way, you're spending 5 million a year on players that would have been free (both money and service time)

Given the vast amount of posts I have made about this, I can't say I feel too bad about it.

I would assume since the draft is Sunday night that the Rule 5 protections would have to be in by tomorrow's deadline....if you allow protections through Sunday, the players protected that day will not show up unless everyone exports before the draft.

You're right, I edited the first post to reflect this!

James I have pushed the draft start back to 7:30 PM central time in a seperate thread due to my own time constraints, sorry