Question for you EBAY sellers.

jaxbraves

5.00 star(s)
A couple years ago I tried selling something on EBAY. Did not have much luck.
But I thought I would try again. When I sign in and ask to sell it says that I have signed in from a computer they are not familiar with. Is this new ? I have signed in before to look at auctions and did not get this response. Any help is appreciated.

Rich

cjay101

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
It's probably just ebay's system noticing that the IP address you signed in from now is different than when you last signed in. Since sellers have credit card info on file, it's a precautionary measure and shouldn't affect anything. My guess is, you had your password set to be saved and now it's asking you for it?

That's the most common reason for something like that.

jaxbraves

5.00 star(s)
It's probably just ebay's system noticing that the IP address you signed in from now is different than when you last signed in. Since sellers have credit card info on file, it's a precautionary measure and shouldn't affect anything. My guess is, you had your password set to be saved and now it's asking you for it?

That's the most common reason for something like that.

The response also said they will call me on my home phone with a pin number.

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
I am going through the same thing-My problem is same computer different isp so each time i want to edit anything-I have to get a pin numbered emailed to me-I am going to call ebay eventually and have them correct the problem