Reading

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
Ever since i got rid of my cable-I have discovered books yes books those things with the writing in them many can be found at your local library or bookstore-At first i thought i was would really miss my cable but actually i could careless about it-Here is a list of the current books i've read since July

Currently Reading:The Book of the Dead-Patricia Cornwell
Next up: Cross-James Patterson

Prey-Michael Crichton
Next-Michael Crichton
AirFrame-Michael Crichton
Disclosure-Michael Crichton
State of Fear-Michael Crichton
Split Second-David Baldacci
The Whole Truth-David Baldacci
Absolute Power-David Baldacci
Hour Game-David Baldacci<< new member of the list
Silent Partner-Stephen Frey
Shadow Account-Stephen Frey
Forced Out-Stephen Frey
Show No Fear-Perri O'Shaunnessy
Executive Privilege-Phillip Margolin
Sail-James Patterson
The Big Bad Wolf-James Patterson
The Associate-John Grisham
The Assassin-Stephen Coonts
The Red Horsemen-Stephen Coonts
Boneman's Daughters-Ted Dekker

Currently reading-The Red Horseman-Stephen Coonts

Other/Past books i've read
Jurassic Park-Michael Crichton
Congo-Michael Crichton
Salems Lot-Stephen King
Misery-Stephen King
Cujo-Stephen King
Dream Catcher-Stephen King
To Kill a mockingbird-Harper Lee
The Howling-Gary Brandner
Animal Farm-George Orwell
Hotel-Arthur Hailey
Presumed Innocent-Scott Turow
Laws of my Fathers-Scott Turow
Hunt for Red October-Tom Clancy
Red Storm Rising-Tom Clancy
Patriot Games-Tom Clancy
A Clock Work Orange-Anthony Burgess
Call of the Wild-Jack London
Name of the Rose:Umberto Eco

Last edited:

cardking94

4.90 star(s)
I'm not a book fan at all. I'm fourteen which explains most of it but I can only read a book on sports stars or Eminem.
thanks,
sam

rynofan23

5.00 star(s)
We got rid of our cable a few months ago, but that just meant more time on the computer for me. I've never been into reading. I really do wonder sometimes if I suffer from ADD.

Tai

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Heres a few more from Dean Koontz:
  • The Taking
  • Cold Fire
  • Watchers
  • Phantoms
Best regards, David

JJLevitsky

5.00 star(s)
If you liked the Grisham novels, try John Lescroart. He has a number of good books out there. I think the series starts with The Vig but I would check with the library or the bookstore to make sure. He has 2 main characters - best friends - and he follows them through the series. You can pick it up in the middle because he does a good job giving enough background in each book so you dont feel lost but I find it better to start at the beginning.

Thanks,

Jeff

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
David,

Here are a few I've read recently that I thought were very good:

Blindness - Can't remember author
The Road - Cormac McCartney
Heartbreaking Work Of Extraordinary Genius - Dave Eggers

dp33

5.00 star(s)
'What Is The What' by Dave Eggers will probably make you feel a whole lot better about your life, as compared to his protagonist's life, but it also had the effect of making baseball cards a lot more trivial to me. I second Tim's recommendation on The Road as well (though I think the author is McCarthy, in case you're going to look for it).

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
'What Is The What' by Dave Eggers will probably make you feel a whole lot better about your life, as compared to his protagonist's life, but it also had the effect of making baseball cards a lot more trivial to me. I second Tim's recommendation on The Road as well (though I think the author is McCarthy, in case you're going to look for it).

You are right, it is McCarthy...sorry! :eek:

scottzoe

5.00 star(s)
That looks a lot like my reading list. I can't put down a New Baldacci book once I get my hands on one! The only books I have read this summer were on my step-son's summer reading list. I read the three he had to do and Julius Ceasar as well.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Narnia chronicles (7 books) by CS Lewis and the most current books about Harry Potter! Best regards, David

cadets68

5.00 star(s)
Great list, I have also read many of those. Frey is very underrated. I have finished every Clancy. I am a sucker for those.

There are tons more out there. Add Money Ball if you are looking for an interesting baseball read.

I call it exercising my brain. Good Luck

Shawn

JJLevitsky

5.00 star(s)
And of course if you are a baseball fan you need to read Ball Four by Jim Bouton. Not only funny but insightful.

Thanks,

Jeff

jflan702

5.00 star(s)
Hey bud,

Stephen Coonts is a fabntastic author. red Storm Rising is one of my all time favorite novels. If you like Coonts and Clancy, then let me suggest that you try any of the Dale Brown books.

Thanks,

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
Heres a few more from Dean Koontz:
  • The Taking
  • Cold Fire
  • Watchers
  • Phantoms
Best regards, David

I haven't read any Dean Koontz stuff as of yet-I friend of mine loves his stuff but he warned me that he uses alot of characters in his books-I will perhaps read one as long as i don't get a headache lol

If you liked the Grisham novels, try John Lescroart. He has a number of good books out there. I think the series starts with The Vig but I would check with the library or the bookstore to make sure. He has 2 main characters - best friends - and he follows them through the series. You can pick it up in the middle because he does a good job giving enough background in each book so you dont feel lost but I find it better to start at the beginning.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks for suggestion on Lescroart i'll have to pick up one of his books-Theres a website you can go on that actually lists in order what books a
authors novels came out but i can't remember-James Patterson (Alex Cross) series lists the novels in sequence-Haven't checked any one elses website

David,

Here are a few I've read recently that I thought were very good:

Blindness - Can't remember author
The Road - Cormac McCartney
Heartbreaking Work Of Extraordinary Genius - Dave Eggers

I shall add them to my list

I will probably look for the Eggers and McCarthy books over the next few weeks.

That looks a lot like my reading list. I can't put down a New Baldacci book once I get my hands on one! The only books I have read this summer were on my step-son's summer reading list. I read the three he had to do and Julius Ceasar as well.

Baldacci rules !! I loved Split Second and after a read the Stephen Coonts
the Red Horsemen-Up on deck is David Baldacci -Hour Game

Great list, I have also read many of those. Frey is very underrated. I have finished every Clancy. I am a sucker for those.

There are tons more out there. Add Money Ball if you are looking for an interesting baseball read.

I call it exercising my brain. Good Luck

Shawn

I've actually like a good baseball story-When i was in Middle School-I read Stan the Man The Stan Musial Story-I had to do a report for school on it got
an A+ on it-At the time was just getting fully into collecting cards-I some how got his home address and mailed it to him-He signed it and for me-And wrote a note saying he enjoyed it-Have it framed at my parents house.

My favorite book is the Holy Bible, people need to pick one up and read the word!

I have read the bible cover to cover although when i was in my early twenties

Hey bud,

Stephen Coonts is a fabntastic author. red Storm Rising is one of my all time favorite novels. If you like Coonts and Clancy, then let me suggest that you try any of the Dale Brown books.

Thanks,

Dale Brown hmmm -I will have to add him to my list.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Hi David! I agree with your friend.....Koontz is even better than Steven King! I moved to a new town and drop by a little book store ....looking for Steven King books...the lady owner....tells me....you want to read some really books........try this guy.....This guy (Koontz) takes his time and does not put them out like the King guy.....Purchased three of his books and I have been hooked on Koontz ever since....Best regards, David PS the books I listed are my favorites!!

jrchoholic83

5.00 star(s)
My favorite book is the Holy Bible, people need to pick one up and read the word!

I tried to read it but I couldn't get past genesis... however I have been told by coworkers to skip that part since it is the most boring part... so I will try that soon.

Other than that I like to read books on the Negro Leagues, they are absolutely fascinating! Everyone should read "The Soul of Baseball" by Joe Posnanski with Buck O'Neil!

And BTW I think I would shrivel and die without cable... I know it's sad.

rangersfan1982

5.00 star(s)
You need to read "Beyond Belief" :) It was an amazing book and I finished it in about two weeks...and it was the first book I had finished reading since 6'th grade!!

The G

5.00 star(s)
Just went to library yesterday. I like the Cross novels from James Patterson and anything by Robert B. Parker.