Reference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David657

Bench Warmer
What do you use for a reference for "obscure" cards? I've seem to have collected multiple cards (fb) that have no mention in obvious references ....ie 1991 raghib ismail #1 smokey, and a couple of apparently Canadian cards with nothing identifiable on them. I don't think they are "broder" or bootleg cards, but perhaps regional (also raghib ismail cards, that's why I'm thinking a regional Canadian thing since he first played in toronto??)

I'd use eBay sold prices if you can find them there.
Not trying to find values, ironically I've bought 3 cards from ebay and sellers had no clue what they are or any knowledge of where they come from (origin) and not finding any reference online.

I use Trading Card Database for identifying purposes. It is easy to navigate and I cannot think of a time where I have not been able to find the identity of a card I was looking for when using that site. I just made a list of Barry Sanders parallels and posted them here and used that site to correctly ID any I was unsure of. Here is a link for it.

I use Trading Card Database for identifying purposes. It is easy to navigate and I cannot think of a time where I have not been able to find the identity of a card I was looking for when using that site. I just made a list of Barry Sanders parallels and posted them here and used that site to correctly ID any I was unsure of. Here is a link for it.

It's a pretty good reference, but none of the cards im referring to are listed on there. Seems like anytime someone asks on tcdb it's labeled as a broder, bootleg, or unliscenced (people claim unliscenced cards aren't on tcdb and they are forbidden!!! Lol but the site has unliscenced cards listed, just not the ones I'm looking for)

use Trading Card Database all the time. It's good for looking at variations.