Results and comments from the New England Bench Golf Tournament

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
To all who have posted on the thread about the Golf Tournament. This thread I will be posting the results and like all who had participated in it to leave any comments about it good or bad. I am also thinking about Having the tournament again next year . Anyone thinking about playing next year just keep this in mind. Would like to see some more Bench members partcipate.

I want to thank personaly to everyone who played in it. For making it a great day and fun filled. I enjoyed meeting everyone and playing a great round of fun filled golf.

Later today after i wake up I will post all results from the Tournament including scores, least putts and the winners of the contests. Also As soon as i get some help there will be plenty of pics to be seen.

Thanks again to all who showed up.
Tournament Director
Chieftazmisty

Last edited:

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
Any photos to share?

There were pictures taken As soon as my granddaughter helps me I will show my pitcures. Jj Levitsky tok a bunch also along with a couple of other fine gentleman. So there should be lots of pitcures comming on here soon
A great time was had by all
Tournament Director
Chief

Fatboycards

5.00 star(s)
Glad to hear all went well, heck maybe I can vacation in Bristol next year ,its ONLY a 13 hour drive lol. Nice to hear there was a good time had by all.

JJLevitsky

5.00 star(s)
First, I would like to thank Tom for running a great and funfilled tournament - my GPS and actual play notwithstanding. I had a blast. Pete and I have decided that Scott was a ringer. :D No way a younger card collector plays golf that well......

Second - I did shoot a 66 - twice. Once on the front nine and once on the back nine. :p

Third - my only complaint. The course was not in great shape. LOTS of standing water. Did not hinder the fun though and I would play there again just because it was so much fun.

Finally, I did not take all that many pictures. I actually put the camera away after the initial group shots. I do know that Pete took some video. Actually caught one of my few good tee shots. I will post mine once I download them. I was too tired last night when I got home and I have to head into work now for a few hours. Maybe early this afternoon for me or tonite.

Thanks,

Jeff

kingsfaninri

5.00 star(s)
I too would like to thank Tom for organizing this tournament and making it a fun day for all of us. I knew I was not going to win any prizes for my score (114) but to stick me in a group with Tom (Watson?) and Jack (Nicklaus?) sealed my fate LOL
The 4th member of my group, Izzy (Pete's cousin) hits the ball a mile. Heaven help us if he ever adds consistently straight to that ;) Not to mention that he's a pretty good guy for a Yankee fan :)

To Jeff (who is now known as GPSLevitsky LOL)- I want to thank you for the tour of Rehoboth and Swansea and for helping me burn off all that extra gas in my tank ;)

Fatboy- Tom found your "spy" in the woods along the 3rd fairway and conked him in the head with a shot (and for good measure the ball came back out in the fairway) :)

Jack- the check is in the mail :)

Izzy- Reebok LOL

All kidding aside, it was a pleasure to meet each of you and I hope that we can make this an annual event. I'll certainly be in if we do. Any and all who can be here should start making plans now.

Last edited:

jflan702

5.00 star(s)
This was a fantastic outing and lots of fun was had by all. Thanks to Tom for setting this whole thing up. Thanks also to Jack for playing such a great round and proving that I need to stick to hockey! It was great seeing a lot of my Bench Buddies again and meeting a few new ones! If you get the chance, sign up for next year and plan on having a lot of fun and laughs!

Even for a hacker like me, it was a great day. My only suggestion is that Jeff returns his GPS and gets his money back!

Thanks Guys! It was a great day!

Jack

5.00 star(s)
THANKS again everyone for a GREAT time and SPECIAL THANKS to Tom for all he did- you are terrific Believe me all the Bench should come next year if you want to a good time and lots of fun
From the only guy to hit a cart with two in it- you guys ruined my ball!!!
Jack

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Thanks for everyone who attended. I had a great time and it was nice to meet everyone. This should turn into a yearly event. Someone on the west coast should put something together for the members out there.

Here are 2 videos I took. First one is of Scott, Second is Jeff.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i71.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid71.photobucket.com/albums/i142/champs96ws/MVI_0953.flv">

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i71.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid71.photobucket.com/albums/i142/champs96ws/MVI_0954.flv">

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
From left to right -

Scott(scottzoe), Paul(kingsfanri), Mark, Jack, John(jflan703), Izzy (pete's cousin), Tom(chieftazmisty), Pete, Paul (pete's cousin), Jeff(jjlevitsky)

JJLevitsky

5.00 star(s)
I too would like to thank Tom for organizing this tournament and making it a fun day for all of us. I knew I was not going to win any prizes for my score (114) but to stick me in a group with Tom (Watson?) and Jack (Nicklaus?) sealed my fate LOL
The 4th member of my group, Izzy (Pete's cousin) hits the ball a mile. Heaven help us if he ever adds consistently straight to that ;) Not to mention that he's a pretty good guy for a Yankee fan :)

To Jeff (who is now known as GPSLevitsky LOL)- I want to thank you for the tour of Rehoboth and Swansea and for helping me burn off all that extra gas in my tank ;)

Fatboy- Tom found your "spy" in the woods along the 3rd fairway and conked him in the head with a shot (and for good measure the ball came back out in the fairway) :)

Jack- the check is in the mail :)

Izzy- Reebok LOL

All kidding aside, it was a pleasure to meet each of you and I hope that we can make this an annual event. I'll certainly be in if we do. Any and all who can be here should start making plans now.

This was a fantastic outing and lots of fun was had by all. Thanks to Tom for setting this whole thing up. Thanks also to Jack for playing such a great round and proving that I need to stick to hockey! It was great seeing a lot of my Bench Buddies again and meeting a few new ones! If you get the chance, sign up for next year and plan on having a lot of fun and laughs!

Even for a hacker like me, it was a great day. My only suggestion is that Jeff returns his GPS and gets his money back!

Thanks Guys! It was a great day!

I promise to NOT try to lead anyone on the roads next year. I would blame the operator of the GPS not the GPS itself..... :eek:

Thanks,

Jeff

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
Looks like a fun time. I was pretty confident that Tom was sporting that Steelers shirt and recognized Mark and Pete from other pics.

I couldn't get much further away (Seattle) from you guys, but it would be fun to do something like that, even though I am not much of a golfing fan. I keep saying I will get out that way to see an old Bench friend, Yanks21 who lives in CT, and visit the Baseball HOF someday.

kingsfaninri

5.00 star(s)
Looks like a fun time. I was pretty confident that Tom was sporting that Steelers shirt and recognized Mark and Pete from other pics.

I couldn't get much further away (Seattle) from you guys, but it would be fun to do something like that, even though I am not much of a golfing fan. I keep saying I will get out that way to see an old Bench friend, Yanks21 who lives in CT, and visit the Baseball HOF someday.

Do it up. Cooperstown is only like 3 hours or so from here...