Retail baseball cards

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Checked Target for 2020 Bowman and 2020 Topps II......nothing on both counts......

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Since this craze on the new products started I have always checked WalMart on my weekly stops there. I don't think I have seen a pack of cards there in well over a month. Usually the section with cards would be 3/4 filled with baseball, basketball and football cards even some from previous yeas,but in the last month or so cards are completely sold out.

Even if there were boxes or packs of cards available for sale I would not buy them since I don't know what a good price is these days. It is intresting to see the completely empty shelves where the sportscards were though.

Last edited:

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
Went to wlamart today to get some shorts for the summer and ask about the 2020 series2 topps and they said they put them out this mornibg and were all gone in about a half hour same with target
but i did get the shorts

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Went to wlamart today to get some shorts for the summer and ask about the 2020 series2 topps and they said they put them out this mornibg and were all gone in about a half hour same with target
but i did get the shorts
The largest Walmart in CA (is in Fresno)...and they looked liked a hurricane hit the collectors area!! I'm lucky as I'm getting two Jumbo hobby boxes from my local hobby store.....only paying $164.00 per box. Best regards, David

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
My Walmart had no baseball, mostly football and non sports stuff. There must be a real market for non sports stuff. My local card dealer is a Topps retailer. He said Topps makes him buy some non sports stuff, but that Cabbage Patch Kids or something like that, he said he sold over 200 boxes. I was talking to him about shipping too. I was curious how much business the guy does over the internet. I asked if it was over 500 boxes a month and he said yes.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
My local Hobby store also is a Topps Retail ......they get cards for the Nationals sports card day....etc, etc. Their telling me that Topps is starting to cut back on their orders......Bowman Chrome they always get one case of Jumbo and one case of regular.......topps almost cut their order in half. Best regards, David

Kirbyfan34

4.90 star(s)
It's crazy to think about, but here in Milwaukee area there are only a few packs of Heritage at any Target's (I really try to not shop at wal mart for a variety of reasons). Walgreen's is out of everything as well, even the repack Fairfield CO boxes are gone. It's literally insane. Also tried to get a bike this summer and the bike rakes at stores look like the card counters....EMPTY

David K.

5.00 star(s)
I'm thinking its time to quit this hobby......When you can't get any of the retail stuff.....and u have to paid high prices for the hobby stuff.....

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Target did not have any 2020 Bowman or 2020 Topps II........had cherries and nectarines.....dan dan noodles......Honey.....Best regards, David

katester44

5.00 star(s)
I have checked both the Targets locally - not a bowman or topps series II box to be found. It looks like they haven't been stocked since the entire lockdown started.

Sponsors