Retail baseball cards

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
You have to wonder if the vendors who are supposed to be stocking the shelves aren't and selling them on Ebay to make money --The Girl who normally does the cards usually does it on Friday's ...the only thing she's stocked over the last few weeks is 20 Score FB and 20 Diamond Kings and discounted stuff--

David K.

5.00 star(s)
You have to wonder if the vendors who are supposed to be stocking the shelves aren't and selling them on Ebay to make money --The Girl who normally does the cards usually does it on Friday's ...the only thing she's stocked over the last few weeks is 20 Score FB and 20 Diamond Kings and discounted stuff--
Good point....they know the stuff is going for 2 or 3 times on ebay...so why stock it...just sell it on ebay and make a few bucks off of it. Best regards, David

I have checked both the Targets locally - not a bowman or topps series II box to be found. It looks like they haven't been stocked since the entire lockdown started.
I check about the week bowman was issued at my local Target Store...and they sell wax packs by individual packs.......and they was a box of 2020 Bowman but it was empty....so they did stock them at one time. Best regards, David

bdink25

5.00 star(s)
David, ever think of getting a job at one of those retailers and be the stock the shelves person? First crack and maybe a
discount to boot. Not serious but a thought. Butch

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
David, ever think of getting a job at one of those retailers and be the stock the shelves person? First crack and maybe a
discount to boot. Not serious but a thought. Butch

Walmart doesn't stock the card section-An outside vendor comes in and does it...Next time when I see her hopefully this Friday I'm going to ask why no 20 Topps Series 2 and why no 20 Bowman was ever put out..I already no what her answer is going to be..I can only put out what they send me to put out.

Kirbyfan34

4.90 star(s)
Good point....they know the stuff is going for 2 or 3 times on ebay...so why stock it...just sell it on ebay and make a few bucks off of it. Best regards, David

I check about the week bowman was issued at my local Target Store...and they sell wax packs by individual packs.......and they was a box of 2020 Bowman but it was empty....so they did stock them at one time. Best regards, David

When I worked at KMart in the 90's when we started to get the boxes from Vintage Sports Cards, the vendors or night shift would usually leave the repack boxes for us in Sporting Goods to stock, because at first they were in the dept, in a locked case. Sometimes we would get lucky and have first picks after we punched out for the day. But if the vendors are "stocking" are they just saying they haven't gotten anything from the companies? And I can tell you right now that complaining to the store manager probably would not help because they would probably tell you "whatever we have is what is on the shelf" response.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
I was at WalMart this evening and tonight was the first time in months I have seen baseball cards. Tehre were a lot of Topps Hetitage, some 2020 series 1 Topps, a fair amount of Gypsy Queen and even a few packs of Bowman............the latter two I asume were 2020s I have not seen a single pack of cards in this WalMart in at least 2 months.

Chavezforprez

5.00 star(s)
I saw five thick packs of 2020 Prizm baseball at Target the other day. Resisted buying, because I'm really trying to disciple myself and change my collecting habits. Went in today to get a bicycle kit and saw 2020 Absolute baseball.......I bought two boxes.....I don't have very good self control, lol Did get some really good inserts of DiMaggio, Ruth, Ripken and a Sheldon Neuse RC Patch card /10.

Billy

Kirbyfan34

4.90 star(s)
I was able to find Series 2 Topps at my local Target. They had hanger packs, jumbos and blasters. only bought one, but was amazing to see that they were finally in stock.

PRosefan1

5.00 star(s)
I have found three hanger pack Diamond kings, one Absolute blaster, and one topps series 2 blaster since March. Ive reverted back to collecting vintage via ebay.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Still nothing at Target or Walmart stores....as far as 2020 Bowman or 2020 Topps serie II.....

Same here -- 2 wal marts and 2 targets and nothing available. Probably just going to buy already completed sets of series II. Will definitely miss breaking the packs though.