Retail baseball cards

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Nothing here as the retail hoarders have it all....................................................

akamikey2001

5.00 star(s)
Been trying to hit the card section at target and walmart but shelves pretty much bare of baseball. Went in to walmart saturday and the whole card section was gone and replaced with school supplies. I asked an employee and they said they were moved to electronics. I look around and ask the manager to point me in the direction and he mentioned that they been having a problem with rep restocking all product so that section was pulled. Anybody else notice this at walmart ?

Gnep31

5.00 star(s)
Been trying to hit the card section at target and walmart but shelves pretty much bare of baseball. Went in to walmart saturday and the whole card section was gone and replaced with school supplies. I asked an employee and they said they were moved to electronics. I look around and ask the manager to point me in the direction and he mentioned that they been having a problem with rep restocking all product so that section was pulled. Anybody else notice this at walmart ?

I have been hitting multiple Walmart's, Targets, Meijer per week for the past two months. I have not seen any sections moved yet, but they are bare and look horrible.

Some football is about all you can find. Occasionally some Topps series II and there was plenty of Heritage, but even that is scarce now. I haven't seen a single pack or box of Bowman 20' this summer.

I was at a hobby store two weeks back and watched/overheard a transaction between a seller and owner of the shop. The seller worked at a local retail store and had "access" to the new product. The owner paid cash. The shop was selling blaster boxes of Bowman 20' for $40.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Was out today -- stopped by one of the Targets -- there was nothing in terms of cards. It still looks like they haven't had anything stocked since March.

Jack

5.00 star(s)
Walmart cleared out of all cards in Hudson.NH Target no better in Lowell,MA and the mail is so slow its unbelievable never saw it like that
Jack

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Stopped at the other target in town after a dentist visit this morning -- looks like they haven't stocked cards in forever.

Was hoping to find either series II or chrome..no luck at all.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Same here in Fresno...nothing .......and the super walmart ...largest in CA ...looks like a hurricane hit it and took most of the cards. Best regards, David

David K.

5.00 star(s)
May need to pick up Birthday card for my Nieces little daughter......will be checking out Target next Tuesday....Best regards, David

David K.

5.00 star(s)
My local Target store thats the closest to me.......closed out all of their hobby cards...nothing....but only Pokeman cards. But at least I got my haircut and some food.......Best regards, David

David K.

5.00 star(s)
One store in Target Store in Clovis (next door city) actually limited the number of baseball boxes u could buy to only two per personal.....but they were all gone despite the limit. At least the Stadium hobby boxes are only $130.00 .....getting one box. Best regards, David

Gnep31

5.00 star(s)
No luck for me the past week or two.

I did see blaster boxes of Topps Chrome selling for $50/box at a hobby store. I'm not a mathematician but that is more than double what it retails for.

Several other hobby shops I stopped at refuse to buy from anyone but Topps/Panini etc, so they have almost no new inventory for sale. They are expressing a lot of frustration with the Dave and Adams type of sellers for example.