Retail vs Hobby box ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcb11

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Sorry, been out of the game alooooong time and boy has this industry changed since I was last here. My question is for set building. What is better for building sets retail or hobby? I now have 4 grandsons and looking to build each a set (Topps baseball).
Thanks for the help
Dave

Hey Dave! The cost of Hobby boxes has gone up the last few years. I buy from my local hobby store......for Topps I, II and updates....I get at least two jumbo boxes for each of them. If I need more...I been forced to order on line from Target.....(why not from hobby store? They sold out of 2 Jumbo cases and 4 Hobby cases in 7 days!!....I used my Target card using the on line order system. 3 blasters (limit of 3 per order) and the cost was $60.00 ($19.99 per blaster) Plus $3.00 tax for only $63.00 with free shipping! Got it about 7 to 8 days later......ordered a second time 3 blasters and again it only took about 7 to 8 days. Best regards, David PS plus you can get a lot of cards by trading for them on the Bench! One Jumbo and a few blasters should be enough for one set....plus help from Bench.

If you’re strictly looking to get them a set and not actually collate them, just wait for the factory set to release late summer