Rookie Draft Question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kendalld99

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Hey Nick and league presidents,

Are we going to rookie draft in reverse order of the Inaugural
draft to give the teams that were at the bottom a chance
to get the top picks??

It would only be fair since this is the first year and we are not
basing the order on last year team records. Just my opinion and
curious to how the order will be determined.. Thanks, Kendall

I would assume the game will base the draft off the current standings at the time since there is no history.

The first season the Rockies picked first since we were last at the time of the draft break. I picked Donald Coffman, and later traded him to Cory for Michael Barrett. Ha. the old BSL league historian!!!!!

PIT/SD (1&2...not sure how game decides)
TB/CLE (3&4...same here)

This would be the top 4 if the draft was today.

12 teams are tied for the 5th through 17th spots in the draft....so you're technically a game out of the 17th pick as it stands.

That kind of sucks, I had the last pick in the inaugural draft and in line for the last draft now. O well, price of success.

The draft order is viewable as well. IF you are on "Manager Home" the upper left info will be about the draft with links to the pool and draft order within the paragraph. Tampa has 1st pick.

Not really sure how the software set the order that is there.

Upon research, order is randomized by game in girst year, then reverse standings from next year on.....some win, some lose.

That's okay, The Padres are going to vault to the top of the standings after this sim anyways, Moises Alou and Javier Valentin have been telling me since the season started how they can prove they can help a team as every day players, now that they're both in the lineup together, they should be unbeatable

Must we have 8 spots available this sim? Couldn't we make the adjustments after the draft? Wouldn't the draft picks be placed on the DFA list? Hard to know exactly who to cut when you don't know who you're drafting. I have my plan, but it's bound to change depending on how things shake out. Plus the computer making 4 picks, anything could happen.

---Frank

I am not exactly sure if they will go to DFA or if they will be placed on the respective minor league rosters, The spots do not need to be available for tomorrow nights sim, they need to be ready before the draft as I will need you all to export before the draft.

Back