RTS for stamp issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TideFanDan

Prospect
I had a frustrating RTS this week. I had pulled a stamp from an SASE in a RTS that had come back. The stamp had never been used. I cut it off of the SASE and put it on my new envelope.

The post office returned with a note saying I can't re-use stamps.

Have any of you had this happen? What do you do with stamps that were on envelopes but never used?

Use them 100% of the time, I haven't done what you've described but I have stamped an envelope before addressing it and then screwed up the address and had to rewrite it...I pull/cut/glue those badboys every time.

I wonder what made them think it was re-used? Especially since it was the return envelope inside the outer one....weird!

I've had plenty of mistakes with envelopes with stamps already stuck on them.

What do I do? I just hang onto them and us them for 50/50 returns or simple single card trades. When it comes time to use the envelope I put an address label over the mistake and write on that. (Or tape a part of a 3x5 card over the mistake...)

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online