Rule 5 Draft Stuff - PLEASE ALL TEAMS READ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
If you have already contacted me with changes, or already contacted me that you exported your changes, DO NOTHING - DO NOT RE EXPORT ONCE YOUR TEAM IS ON THIS LIST, all of you who have done so have received replies from me saying I got your changes, so the following teams are set:
NY YANKEES
PHILLY
MN TWINS
STL CARDS
TORONTO
CHI WHITE SOX
CHI CUBS
MIL BREWERS
HOUSTON
MIAMI MARLINS
LA DODGERS
NY METS
DETROIT TIGERS
SD PADRES
CLEVELAND INDIANS
LA ANGELS
COLORADO ROCKIES
CINCY REDS
AZ DIAMONDBACKS
OAKLAND AS
ATL BRAVES
TEXAS RANGERS
TAMPA RAYS
KC ROYALS
SAN FRAN GIANTS
SEATTLE MARINERS
BAL ORIOLES
WASH NATIONALS

ANYONE ELSE

Please contact me via PM and let me know:
A. You made changes and exported, or
B. Changes you want to be made by me

When I get your Message I will reply to you and add your team to the above list.

From there I will figure out the draft, I can do it via list to save on the mess I created with the sim, otherwise I am hoping to find a way to get everyones changes, and Post a 100% up to date list here in the forums for everyone to work off of.

Thanks, and sorry again for the mess.

-Nick

Last edited:
Chuck - Dont have an export from you since before yesterdays sim. So you might wanna double check and re export

I have exported, I will not be attending the rule 5 draft.

I am Hoping to run the draft tomorrow, I need info from the following teams before I can try and compile an exact list of players who will be eligible for the draft:

BOSTON

PITTSBURGH

Last edited:
Yankees will not be attending if the draft is tomorrow. Thanks for all the extra work on this Nick. Much appreciated!

Steph

Nick, thanks for all your hard work, from all of us in the BSL!

Nick,

Let me say, once again, for all of us in the BSL, "Thank You" for your hard work and dedication. If I can ever help and ever get to a point where some work can be done by me to help the league, let me know. You have made it much more fun for me than it would be if you were not the person you are.
It is not your fault that things with the BSL happen. I could never keep straight all the info you have to. Take a bow and keep it up!

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been out of town.

I haven't exported in a few Sim's, do I need to (or should I)?

I should be set otherwise, so let me know if I need to do anything.

Thanks,

Todd

Todd, There are a couple/three 2 star guys in Your AA system that are eligible for rule 5 draft, so if you want them prrtected Let me know, O rmake the changes and export if you can.

Todd, There are a couple/three 2 star guys in Your AA system that are eligible for rule 5 draft, so if you want them prrtected Let me know, O rmake the changes and export if you can.

I just updated my 40 man roster and exported, so I should be good.

Thanks,

Todd

Todd, Can you export again? It didnt come thru

Or make sure yopu have the updated league file first before exporting, In game date is 12/1/08

This is a VERY INPORTANT point people need to understand, if you draft a player he must stay on the ML roster the ENTIRE year. Even a potentially talented player could not be advanced enough to be of any value that year, and if it either means they push into an arbitration year or even a free agency year they may not be on your team the following year and certainly not free (ML contract) as you send them to the minors the following season to build experience.

This is a VERY INPORTANT point people need to understand, if you draft a player he must stay on the ML roster the ENTIRE year. Even a potentially talented player could not be advanced enough to be of any value that year, and if it either means they push into an arbitration year or even a free agency year they may not be on your team the following year and certainly not free (ML contract) as you send them to the minors the following season to build experience.

I second that, I drafted a guy with 4 star + potential last year but very undeveloped. He cluttered up my roster all year, improving enough towards the end of the season he got his ERA and WHIP down to 5.40 and 1.80 respectively, even after relegating him to mop up duty, and now he is a 1/2 star talent with 1 star potential with a major league contract who will likely be in his arbitration years by the time he is developed enough to be a relable pitcher

I second that, I drafted a guy with 4 star + potential last year but very undeveloped. He cluttered up my roster all year, improving enough towards the end of the season he got his ERA and WHIP down to 5.40 and 1.80 respectively, even after relegating him to mop up duty, and now he is a 1/2 star talent with 1 star potential with a major league contract who will likely be in his arbitration years by the time he is developed enough to be a relable pitcher

Those are the type of guys to protect, since the owning team can keep them down to develop, but the very fact that you leave a 2 or even 3 star potential guy who is older and may have ML service time unprotected is that you can't take him off the 40-man roster without waiving him and the chance that he gets drafted are either slim or dumb because of the very things you mentioned.

Back