• ATTENTION: Do you have a local card shop near you? If so, please help us out by adding their location into our new card shop tool.

San Diego picks up Snell and Darvish

Jaybo374

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Today, the Padres picked up not one, but two aces in two separate trades, Yu Darvish and Blake Snell. They gave up two major leaguers and several prospects. Between their fierce offense and these pick ups, looks like San Diego made strives in their Cold War with the division-rival Dodgers. Remember when San Diego was an outpost of the MLB landscape which received little press? Doesn’t look like that now, hmm. As of right now, I’m thinking of a Padres-White Sox World Series assuming there will be a season.

greatdadx2

HOF
5.00 star(s)
and meanwhile about an hour and a half up the 5 Freeway from San Diego are the Los Angeles Angels (who are not even in the County of Los Angeles) and they still can't land a decent starting pitcher....

BOO on the Padres for grabbing these two guys ( I love going to a game in PetCo park though)....they are really going to make a run at the Dodgers.....Hope I can get to some of these games this year....This is gonna be good

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Today, the Padres picked up not one, but two aces in two separate trades, Yu Darvish and Blake Snell. They gave up two major leaguers and several prospects. Between their fierce offense and these pick ups, looks like San Diego made strives in their Cold War with the division-rival Dodgers. Remember when San Diego was an outpost of the MLB landscape which received little press? Doesn’t look like that now, hmm. As of right now, I’m thinking of a Padres-White Sox World Series assuming there will be a season.

Saw that both of these deals had been made - always had a soft spot for the Padres in my heart, just because Tony Gwynn was one of my favorite players.

Shows what you can do as a franchise when you have an intelligent front office that makes good use of available $$$ and the building of a solid farm system. Lest we forget they also will be getting Clevinger back in 2022 - that could be a 5 deep rotation.

It really puts into perspective what a bad front office can do - and yes, I speak directly to the idiots on Broad Street in Philly. They are basically going to waste 13 years and $330 million on Harper and he may not see the playoffs the entire time he is here.

And to address the other elephant in the room -- there will be baseball this year!!!! May still not be able to sell out a stadium, but hopefully some fans will be allowed in. If so, I guarantee we will be at Camden Yards when the Twins and Indians (assuming Lindor is still with them) come to town.