Save Money and a Trip to PO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmike1983

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Have not seen this on the site so thought maybe share and get more people trading. All you need is a Printer, Paypal account, scale ( 5-10 bucks on amazon or a food scale from walmart would work), a paper cutter and tape. I ship first class through paypal that comes with free DC for 1.93 a padded mailer. Most trades / sales weigh in 2-3 ounces. This makes it quick, easy, and cheap to do from home. Here is a link to start shipping today from home. Happy trading

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&

Thanks for pointing this out to people. This is how I ship. If anyone needs more info, there is a sticky post in this forum with screenshots.

This is how I've traded since I joined back in 2010. Much easier & certainly cheaper in the long run especially when the gas hit almost $4.00 a gallon. Thanks for the thread!

FYI: Bubble Mailers can be purchased on eBay in bulk for very cheap & most are Made in USA if you're into that like I am.

I've been using this but I haven't been able to find it since Paypal went with a new design for their site. Thanks for the link.

I always go to the post office and it typically costs $2.32 each time. Not only is this cheaper but it always saves time and gas money. I will definitely start using this method as it seems way better, thanks for the info!

This is great, glad I found it! I started using paypal shipping when I sell something on Ebay (instead of paying $3.52 or whatever it is at the p.o.) and always wondered if it could be used for trades when there isn't paypal funds being used.

I'm surprised that so many don't or never have heard or tried this method before.

Yeah I have been doing it and just leaving the package in the mailbox for the postman to pick up like you said in the other thread. So not only are you saving money on shipping costs, you are also saving on drive time and gas!

Post Office has lower their price.....small bubble envelope with out the do not bend is only 98 cent and if it does not do not bend....$1.19. Best regards, David

The post office hasn't lowered there price its actually it's been $0.98 ever since the postal rates went up used to be $0.90 to mail what is considered large flat envelope normally less than a 1/4 inch non rigid same as using a 5x7 clasp envelope but the problem stems with taking mailers to the post office and having the clerk do it as they always will charge the $2.32 price whereas I use stamps.com pay $1.93 and get free DC on each package if I choose to mail that way,i pay $0.48 per 1 oz PWE and $0.69 if i choose to send non-machineable PWE