SCC/Bench Joint Baseball Group Break Club - February 2021

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
SCC/Bench Joint Baseball Group Break Club - February 2021

Getting this thread up and rolling for a quick turnaround to get things back on track this month!

PayPal: mike@sportscardclub.com

Price: $35/team + $15/draft spot
Confirmation Deadline: February 8
Payment Due: February 15
Break Method: YouTube

Card Distribution

Cards will be distributed by one of the following methods, in this order:

1) Team printed (text or logo) on the card.
2) Team pictured on the uniform.
3) Team the player currently plays for.
4) Team the player played for longest.

Multi-team cards will go to the member who has the most teams on the card. If that can't determine it, it will go to the member with the team on the left, then top, of the card. For example, if the players are pictures left to right, the team featured on the furthest left of the card gets it. If the players are pictures top to bottom, the furthest top team gets it. If the players are situated on the corners, or some other way, the team with the left, top player will get it.

Cards from old teams that simply moved to a new town will be given to the owner of the team that they moved to. (ie. Montreal Expos = Washington Nationals)

All cards that cannot be determined from one of the above methods will be randomed off using random.org.

Shipping

All "hits" will be placed in toploaders, magnetics, or screwdowns. All low numbered (/99 or less) inserts will also be placed in a toploader. Everything else goes in a team bag, wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap. All of that is sent in a bubble mailer, with delivery confirmation (where available).

Teams/Members

1. Arizona Diamondbacks
  2. Atlanta Braves - PAVI39
  3. Baltimore Orioles - kpit1978
  4. Boston Red Sox - Obert22
  5. Chicago Cubs - dragonslayer913
  6. Chicago White Sox - LarryG
  7. Cincinnati Reds - franklinguy52
  8. Cleveland Indians
  9. Colorado Rockies
  10. Detroit Tigers - erdoro
  11. Houston Astros - Mike
  12. Kansas City Royals
  13. Los Angeles Angels - franklinguy52
  14. Los Angeles Dodgers - grapler135s
  15. Miami Marlins
  16. Milwaukee Brewers - PAVI39
  17. Minnesota Twins
  18. New York Mets - OldNewRips
  19. New York Yankees - Indiana Jones
  20. Oakland Athletics
  21. Philadelphia Phillies - Mike
  22. Pittsburgh Pirates
  23. San Diego Padres - LarryG
  24. San Francisco Giants
  25. Seattle Mariners - Indiana Jones
  26. St. Louis Cardinals - roger16
  27. Tampa Bay Rays
  28. Texas Rangers
  29. Toronto Blue Jays - OldNewRips
  30. Washington Nationals - captkirk42

Bold means confirmed.
Green means payed.

Draft Spots

1. OldNewRips
  2. graplyer135s
  3. LarryG
  4. franklinguy52
  5. franklinguy52
  6. dragonslayer913
  7. Indiana Jones
  8. kpit1978
  9. Mike121
  10. grapler135s
  11. grapler135s

Waiting List
If you want to be added to the waiting list for a team that is already taken, let me know and I'll get you added. Teams will be offered to folks who are already members of the group first, then given to members of the waiting list in the order they're added.

Atlanta Braves - smalltime35
Boston Red Sox - soxfan30
New York Yankees - smalltime35
San Diego Padres - smalltime35
Washington Nationals - smalltime35

Last edited:

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Just a reminder that today is the confirmation deadline. Payments will be due a week from today. Also, if anyone has any suggestions for boxes, now is the time.

Also, I'm thinking either this month, or next month, will be our last month doing 2019/2020 before we move to 2020/2021.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The Orioles have been dropped, so they're available to claim for the next 48 hours, before they're opened up on a first come, first serve.

LarryG

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Just a reminder that today is the confirmation deadline. Payments will be due a week from today. Also, if anyone has any suggestions for boxes, now is the time.

Also, I'm thinking either this month, or next month, will be our last month doing 2019/2020 before we move to 2020/2021.
I would agree this month be the last 2019/20 before moving to 20/21 next month. Some boxes I would suggest to consider -
2020 Topps Chrome or Chrome Update
2020 Bowman Chrome
2019 Topps Series 2
2019 Bowman Platinum
2020 (or 2019) Topps Gallery
I struck out last month on Topps Inception and Five-Star I think it was - so wouldn't mind another chance with a box of one or both of them again.

Thanks and looking forward to whatever gets broken.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
kpit1978 has dropped the Rangers, and picked up the Orioles. So, the Rangers are up for grabs. They'll be on hold for current members of the group, then will be available to anyone on a first come, first serve basis.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Sorry about the delay here y'all. We're having issues from this extreme cold weather, that some of us Texans aren't used to, so I haven't had time to search any boxes or keep payments updated. I'm hoping to get things caught up and running at work tomorrow, and will get things updated here as soon as possible!

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Sorry about the delay here y'all. We're having issues from this extreme cold weather, that some of us Texans aren't used to, so I haven't had time to search any boxes or keep payments updated. I'm hoping to get things caught up and running at work tomorrow, and will get things updated here as soon as possible!
Thanks for the update Mike. Hope you are staying warm out there!

I am interested in taking any additional available draft spots in this break to go with my Dodgers spot and one draft spot that I currently have.

Thanks!
Mike

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Thanks for the update Mike. Hope you are staying warm out there!
So far, so good here at the house. We've got a shower that is frozen, and won't work, but luckily we have another bathroom to use.

We lost our boiler at work to a relay going out, which caused a frozen pipe, so no water circulation in the building. I got it going, temporarily today, so hopefully it'll last the night and we can get someone out to look at it tomorrow.

I've heard we'll be doing rolling blackouts today so I'm guessing we'll be losing our power before too long for a few hours. I just hope it doesn't cause anymore issues. I'm definitely over today, and this cold weather! Unfortunately, it's not supposed to be above freezing until Friday. Fingers crossed that these weather guys are wrong again!

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
So far, so good here at the house. We've got a shower that is frozen, and won't work, but luckily we have another bathroom to use.

We lost our boiler at work to a relay going out, which caused a frozen pipe, so no water circulation in the building. I got it going, temporarily today, so hopefully it'll last the night and we can get someone out to look at it tomorrow.

I've heard we'll be doing rolling blackouts today so I'm guessing we'll be losing our power before too long for a few hours. I just hope it doesn't cause anymore issues. I'm definitely over today, and this cold weather! Unfortunately, it's not supposed to be above freezing until Friday. Fingers crossed that these weather guys are wrong again!
Oh my goodness!!! Sorry to hear about all of that you have to deal with! Hope things get better and warmer soon!!! Take good care!

Mike

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Man, what a week(s)! Sorry about the delay here, folks. I've finally got things back in working order at work and this is the first time in well over a week that I've even felt like I have any energy left after work. I'm going to take the evening to spend with the wife and kiddos, and get back into things here tomorrow, at the latest.

So, it looks like most of the payments have been made. I'll get those updated, as well as getting box selections posted. So, look for those at least by tomorrow. We'll need to get those voted on, and ordered, quickly. We're already probably going to be into next month before we break actually get to break, but I'm thinking if we move quickly over the next week we'll be able to keep things on track next month.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Here are a few suggestions to vote on. Let's set a deadline for voting at 8am EST on Monday. That's when I'll get the boxes ordered, unless one of the options wins out before then. Then we'll break next week (possibly Thursday) and get the next month's thread rolling as quickly as possible.

Option 1 (10 vote)

2019 Bowman Chrome (2 autos)
2020 Panini Chronicles (3 autos, 1 relic)
2020 Panini Contenders (6 autos)

Option 2 (2 votes)

2019 Topps Update (1 hit)
2019 Topps Heritage (1 hit)
2020 Topps Chrome Black (1 auto)
2020 Panini Contenders (6 autos)
2020 Panini Absolute 5-pack Blaster (1 hit)

Option 3 (3 votes)

2019 Bowman Platinum (2 autos)
2019 Topps Gypsy Queen (2 autos)
2020 Stadium Club Chrome (1 auto)
2020 Topps Gallery Monster Box (2 autos)
2020 Topps Chrome 8-pack Blaster

Last edited: