Shane Bieber

PRosefan1

5.00 star(s)
Shane Bieber ties live ball era record with 27 K's in first two starts of the season combined. Early Cy Young candidate.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Nice accomplishment. Best regards, David PS don't say he pitches for the Indians and the second part was against the Twins? NO.....

2000Doubles

5.00 star(s)
Impressive start for sure for Bieber, happy I still have this one:

1st Gold Ref Shane Bieber

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
I heard that watching a game. It's a big accomplishment for a young player. I think they said he tied with Nolan Ryan.

Actually the player he tied the record of was a little known player named Karl Spooner who grew up in the region I live in. He grew up in tiny (actually tinier now then when he lived there)Oriskany Falls, NY which is about 40 minutes from Cooperstown..

In the 1980s I always used to get asked for Karl Spooner cards. I had no idea why since he was well before my time, until I looked him up and was shocked to see that a former Brooklyn Dodgers phenom grew up in such a timy upstate NY town. Here is an article written about him on Cleveland.com after Bieber tied his record.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertain...eber-tied-pitchers-2-game-strikeout-mark.html

Last edited:

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
So far, the shining light of my fantasy season!!!

Nice Bowman cards...but no mention of his Justin Bieber Topps UER card - that just hurts!

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
I have 9 of his 18 Update RC's there selling on Ebay for an avg price of $8.00 of course Beckett hasn't updated his RC value I'm thinking it will go from $1.50 to $5.00 but will see

Rabs

5.00 star(s)
Bieber 18 Update RC BV from $1.25 now $8
Bieber 18 Chrome Update RC BV from $2 now $12

He's already won the Cy Young at this point. Should be considered for MVP also.