Signed Books > Bobby Orr, Mookie Wilson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saw on another collecting site that people were getting greedy and buying 10 and 12 and 20 each of this book to resale on ebay. funny how some people only think about making money instead of just getting their one or two copies and letting others get a chance to buy a copy.

I'm sure stuff like that happens, and I absolutely don't approve of it, but the whole idea behind this type of promotion/book tour is to sell books. What happens on the secondary market is out of the booksellers hands. I'm just exceedingly grateful Mort was kind enough to share this, and I found it in time before it disappeared. I'm so glad I was able to order my ONE copy! Orr is one I've been wanting to add for some time...like 40 years.

but the whole idea behind this type of promotion/book tour is to sell books. What happens on the secondary market is out of the booksellers hands.
You couldn't have said it any better, Jim.

On that note, I also missed out on it. I put two in my shopping cart last night and this morning they were gone. *poof*

If anyone gets a copy of the book, could they post an image of the Orr autograph in this thread? Thanks!

i'd agree with the sales aspect. B&N want to sell their books and if they set the price and 1 person buys them all, what do they care? It's like anything else. Whoever has the means and the opportunity comes out ahead. Sometimes it's just a matter of timing. Still, it does suck to not even have a chance to buy one. I suffered a similar fate on a Cal Ripken signed book I tried to order, so I guess buying new signed books from a bookseller is a losing battle for me.

I never did check out the Mookie link, because I have his signature. Looks like Mookie is still in stock though.

I had an ebay jack-A fail to sell me his Orr auto'd card. I had won it cheap at auction($15), probably because he was a new seller and did a poor job of listing it, and paid immediately. After about 2 weeks, I inquired about the card that had not showed up yet and he claimed he'd lost it. Then I noticed that he'd relisted it as a BIN for about 7X the price I won it for. I called him on it and he then asked me to cancel our transaction because he thought he'd get more for it and was unhappy with the final price. I briefly explained (to deaf ears) how ebay works, told him I wanted what i had rightfully won and filed a claim. Eventually got my refund and left him the much deserved feedback that he earned. Of course, he was an ass about that as well. It is really amazing the quality of human beings we have created over time.