Sold my collection...getting out of collecting...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaderock

Prospect
...no silly not my Mark Brunell collection, but this set (below).

Since 2005, I have bought and sold 100s from the 2004 SP Legendary Cuts Significant Fact Memorabilia Set which are all serial #1/1.

Although each card is indeed a #1/1, the print run for each card was anywhere from 5 to 99. The only difference was the "fact tag line" on each card. The set had 102 different players in it.

Over time, I grew to like this set more and more. Love the design and player checklist, so I decided to try and make a run for the complete set. In the end, I had 73 when I sold it as a complete lot. Here is what it looked like:
ed3053f1-d14a-417d-a215-b874357c8912_zps96af759b.jpg

Can someone name all 72? :p In looking at my old emails and sales, if I had never sold these cards, I would have an additional 19 players for a total of 92 out of 102 (90.19% completion %)...if only I didn't sell these...oh well time to move on!

It was extremely fun chasing this set for a decade. Sad that it's all gone in one shot, but will root for the guy that bought them from me. He's at 86 different players right now.

Impressive collection!!!

I kind of understand what you are going through although on a different scale. Since 2002, I've been working on building a 1972 Topps set and a 1969 Topps set through just trading. I'm about 20+ away from the 1972 and 40+ for the 1969 (including the Nolan Ryan 2nd year and the Mickey Mantle final year). Given how much time I'm putting into them, the only way I'd consider selling them is if I was absolutely destitute and selling them would save my home.

Thanks for sharing this story.

Jay

That is a solid list of guys. First player I saw was Ruth. You can't go wrong with anything where he is involved. Hate you sold it but like you said it is time to move on. All the best!

Dewayne

Just an update on this...the guy who has these is now at 92/102 completed and has just 10 more to go!