Someone stole my daughter's birthday money...

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
So my daughter got a birthday card in the mail today from my Dad. My wife knew something was up because there was tape on it and a stamp from the PO that said "Received unsealed at Carrollton, KY post office". She opens it up and the card is in there unscathed. Later on my Dad calls and I mention the condition of the envelope to him and he asks if the money was in there. I tell him that it was not in there of course, so he tells me that he literally hid two twenties inside the card. This means that someone opened up the envelope, then actually took the card out and opened it up and took the money. First off, the envelope was pink with designs on it and my Dad and stepmom had written little messages to my daughter on the outside, like "We love you" and "Happy birthday" that kind of stuff. Then of course the card said something like "Happy birthday to a wonderful granddaughter". So some douche in the postal system saw that this was a birthday gift from a Papaw to his nine year old granddaughter and still pocketed the money. For any Dads out there reading this I'm sure you can tell how I feel right now. I am not a violent person at all but I think if I had this piece of crap in front of me I would probably end up in jail for beating them half to death.

Anyway, sorry for the long read but just needed to vent a little. For all you Benchies who have been around and know me you know that I never post stuff like this, but when something bad happens to my little girl I tend to act out of character! The bad thing is, there is NOTHING I can do besides hope that something bad happens to the thief. Maybe they are sitting beside the road right now with a blown engine in the pouring rain?? :)

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Sorry to hear someone stole your daughter's birthday money. I hope they have a terrible day. Best regards, David

Last edited:

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
Sorry to hear that my friend. I hope the rest of her Birthday was better.

Thanks
Craig

*Sometimes I really just don't like people in general these days...

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Sorry to hear that.

Make sure you tell your local Postal Master, when he get enough complaints they are forced to investigate. If people don't bother to tell them then they don't know of a problem.

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
Hey Tim
Sorry to hear that. I wish your Daughter a very Happy Birthday with a lot more to follow
THis goes out to her Her own ssinging post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TIMS PRECIOUS DAUGHTER
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
Later
Tom

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
Hey Tim,
Sorry to hear that. There are some truly despicable people in the world !

It's not much but if you want to do something you should call the postmaster general and file a formal complaint. One case doesn't mean much but you can bet this isn't the only time this scum has done this. If everybody filed a complaint, it would only take a couple, they'd open an investigation. The po doesn't want these type of people working for them any more than you do and they take mail tampering VERY seriously.

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
That happened to my kids...TWICE. However, it was my mother in law on both occasions and I think on at least one of the occasions, she didn't put anything in there to begin with (she is forgetful).

mlbme22

5.00 star(s)
Wow- I wonder how often this happens!
You have to report it-
Best wishes for your daughter on her birthday!
Mike

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Her actual birthday is tomorrow but we celebrated this weekend. She did have a wonderful time so it's not like the thief ruined her birthday, but still it really burns me up.

mindbinge

5.00 star(s)
this seems to be happening more and more often....sad.

takes a real D-bag to steal, much less from a kid....which they had to know it was a kid from the card.

steeler7fan

i had the same happen to me. my aunt sent my birthday card in a yellow envelope and wrote master my name. 3 weeks after she sent it i gotten my card and she only live 40 min. away. when i got my card the corner of the envelope was torn open and no money inside.

fatrat

5.00 star(s)
Hey Tim -

As they used to say, "God'll get 'em back someday"!! Best wishes to your daughter for a super birthday!!!

Fatrat John