Sox got Panda and Hanley

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
Pablo Sandoval signed for 5 year- $100 million; Hanley Ramirez signed for 5 year $88 million.

I think they went for too many years for the two of them. Wonder what happens to Bogaerts now.

JJLevitsky

5.00 star(s)
I am going to withhold my opinion until I see how everything plays out over the next few weeks. I have to believe they have a plan that involves a trade. My guess is that Hanley moves to the OF but that means someone really has to go.

Thanks,

Jeff

redsoxfan1979

5.00 star(s)
This is what Im thinking...

Panda 3rd
Boegarts SS
Pedrois 2nd
Napoli 1st
RF Mookie Betts
CF Rusney Castillio
LF Hanley Ramirez

I think Cepadas, Victorino, Middlebrooks, Allen Craig are all trade bait... I would mention Bradley Jr but he is going back till minors .

JJLevitsky

5.00 star(s)
It is a descent line up but who is going to pitch for this team?
Exactly. On another note - this allows Vazquez to catch without having to worry about hitting. Add in Ortiz and it is going to be a tough lineup. But you really need to get the other team out in order to hit. :)

Thanks,

Jeff

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I just do not understand the Ramirez signing. Am I the only one who thinks that Cespedas is a better hitter than Ramirez in this point in their careers? Ramirez has been injury prone for the last couple of years. I am not sure how long Victorino was signed for but I would think that his contract would be hard to move. Middlebrooks would be fairly easy to move given his age and contract. But if they want a big name pitcher it will take more than Middlebrooks. Or if they go the free agent route it will take more money than what you paid for Ramirez. I also wonder what the ceiling will be for the payroll.

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
that is a great looking line up but it dose not matter if you dont have the arms to get the outs and liked i heard dont look for Lester to be here

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Good for the Red Sox making a splash in free agency..but still have to play the games.

Something tells me that one and possibly both of these contracts could end up being discussed in the "bad contracts" thread somewhere down the road.

kycardkid

5.00 star(s)
If I am GM, I want more than Cepedes for one of the games top 5 pitchers, even if he only has one year left on his contract.

JJLevitsky

5.00 star(s)
If I am GM, I want more than Cepedes for one of the games top 5 pitchers, even if he only has one year left on his contract.

Wasnt thinking even up but as a starting point for the conversation. I am really interested in seeing what the Red Sox do next.

Thanks,

Jeff

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Anybody else see the Sox signing Shields and trading for Cole Hammels?

Are they really going to go that high with payroll? If they do make these moves then they will have the highest payroll in baseball by far. I just do not see John Henry going this high. They have to get at least one pitcher but to add more than one of these big game pitchers I think is a stretch.