Sportlots auctions

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
Instead of posting some auctions on Feebay i decided to post on Sportlots-I posted 4 auctions...i posted them on 1/22 all four of the auctions sold..So each day i check my email to see if there is an email confirmation-1 week passes nothing then i decide to contact Sportlots and ask them if any of buyers paid for there auctions-Get a response back we give our buyers 21 days to pay because some mail theres in..21 day?? and the seller gets there money the 1st of each month are you kidding me-I finally today get a confirmation that one of buyers paid for there auction..still waiting on the other 3..Here is my problem with this whole thing yes the fees are very reasonable..but now i have to fork out the money out of my pocket to send them there cards right away or take the risk of getting unfavorable feedback and now i have wait until March 1st to receive my money.

Last edited:

Chavezforprez

5.00 star(s)
Yeah, they get you at both ends. I was thinking of selling there, until I saw that I don't get my money until the next month. That's like the IRS taking taxes from you and giving you a refund at the end of the year. The 21 day rule is odd. All transactions should be via paypal so there isn't any issues with mailing in payments. In this day and age, who participates in auctions, but doesn't have paypal?

Billy

zlw1

5.00 star(s)
Well, do like I do.. I had someone buy a huge lot of American Heritage Cards and Nascar stuff from 07-08 mixed... And he didn't pay.
Just don't do COD. There is no reason you have to do it.
Just stick to the ebay terms like you would normally do.
If they don't pay for it, or send sportlots a money order to cover it, then Don't send it. If you get a negative because the buyer didnt pay for it, contact sportlots and they'll remove it for you. (Had them do it for me before). If the buyer doesn't pay for them, they'll automatically relist the auction, free of charge, and you just let it go again.
Zac

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
I am thinking about contacting each buyer and saying-I am very sorry to inform you but i am out of town on business and won't be back home until the end of the month-I will mail your items out then sorry for the inconvience.

DaClyde

5.00 star(s)
From the help section on Sportlots Auctions:

After Sportlots receives payment for an auction(s). The dealer is notified to ship the item(s) to the winning bidder.

There's nothing saying you have to ship BEFORE the item has been paid for. Why would you do that anyway?

Last edited:

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
From the help section on Sportlots Auctions:

There's nothing saying you have to ship BEFORE the item has been paid for. Why would you do that anyway?

Well of course i wouldn't ship without a payment being made-My problem is that
they get 21 days to pay but i once receiving confirmation from Sportlots i have to send right away or within reason or risk negative feedback.

DaClyde

5.00 star(s)
It comes down to their auctions being an alternative to eBay which requires PayPal, and a LOT of people complained about eBay eliminating the check/money order option. In any case, Sportlots is NOT a site to use if you have a need for any sort of quick return.