SportLots is Awesome!

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I just wanted to say that before joining The Bench I'd never even heard of SportLots. Maybe I had, but I just threw it out. Anyways, I went on there for the first time tonight and ended up buying 47 Tony Parker cards I needed for an average of $0.24 each!

Not only is that slightly less than I've paid, per card, for some of the lots I've bought on eBay, I'm guaranteed that all the cards I'm getting are ones I need. Usually when I buy a lot on eBay, there may be a handful of cards that I actually need. This time, all of them!

So, thanks to those of you who use SportLots, and who talk about it. If not for you all I wouldn't have found it, and I wouldn't have 47 new Tony Parker cards headed my way!

https://www.sportlots.com/

I should also mention that I also only searched 1 seller's cards. I'm sure there are plenty more TP9 cards that will be incoming soon.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Congrats! Using one seller is the way to go on Sportlots! Best regards, David PS Bowman Chrome baseball comes out next week....Only getting one box....will have to use sportlots to finish the set.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Congrats! Using one seller is the way to go on Sportlots! Best regards, David PS Bowman Chrome baseball comes out next week....Only getting one box....will have to use sportlots to finish the set.
I actually just started adding a lot of cards I needed randomly. Then I realized the shipping was more than the cards. So I wiped out the entire card and started over, using only 1 seller. That way I got more cards, for a lot less.

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
It's a great place for me to pick up set needs and lower-end Pujols cards when all other avenues are exhausted. Ordered on there twice last week and will probably place a few more this week.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Just bought another 40 TP9 cards for exactly $0.18 each (not counting shipping). I'm pretty upset that I didn't know about, or use, this site years ago. It would have saved me a ton of money, and time. That's not to mention the number of times I've given up way more than I should in trade.

I had a TP9 lot of 75 cards in my watch list. 75 cards, for $28.99 (free shipping). I would've ended up buying that, without a doubt, before now. In that lot there were 75 different TP9 cards, but the seller only showed 9 in the image. Of those 9, I only needed 4. So, who knows how many I would have gotten that I didn't need in that lot. In the last 2 days, on Sportlots I've bought 87 cards for a total of $27.70, including shipping. So, more cards, for less money. Also, I know 100% that I need all 87 of those cards. Actually, it's just 86 I need cause I accidentally added the same card twice last night and didn't realize it until it was too late.

Anyways, all this just to say, again, that I think Sportlots is Awesome (with a capital A)!

STLSHOEMAN

HOF
5.00 star(s)
It's also good if you're not in a rush to get your cards. If you can use box shipping rather than direct shipping you can save even more. I have 34 cards in my box as we speak. Many sellers offer free shipping to box orders.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
It's also good if you're not in a rush to get your cards. If you can use box shipping rather than direct shipping you can save even more. I have 34 cards in my box as we speak. Many sellers offer free shipping to box orders.
Yeah, I started to do that but wasn't quite sure how it worked. Reading this, I assume that means that they ship to Sportlots once every so often, then Sportlots holds my cards until I'm ready for them?

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I've used Sportslots for at least a dozen years. I heard about it from The Bench. I've been using the Beckett Marketplace lately, but their higher priced than Sportslots. Although I usually buy inserts as opposed to base cards. I'll have to find out more about this box shipping.

zlw1

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I've been selling on there since 2008 when I found about it through here.
It's got decent %'s comparable or less than eBay when you sell by auction and if you sell over $100 a month on the store.

I recommend it if you have 50k plus... May take a ton of time to load, but it's worth it to get rid of excess singles. Plus acts a great trade page.. lol

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
My only knocks on that site are as a rule very few cards have pictures and you have to trust seller on condition and being the exact right parallel
The other one is i wish the website was updated to the 21st century and get out of 1999.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The other one is i wish the website was updated to the 21st century and get out of 1999.
This is 100% my biggest complaint. The last few days I keep wanting to send them an email and ask them if they need help! Will work for cards! Ha!

ILLRIMESAYA

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Because of this post, I became a member of Sportslots today and made a big purchase of Pujols and David Ortiz Refractors and 1993 Finest. Super happy with the purchase and thanks a ton for this post. Bri

HoosierBuddy

MVP
5.00 star(s)
So, with the Box Shipping. Many sellers offer discounted or free shipping to Sportlots' home base. You have to have at least 2 orders shipped and received at Sportlots. Once you have at least 2 orders waiting, you can pay to have Sportlots ship whatever orders you have waiting to you.

The higher volume sellers offer such discounted prices, because they send multiple orders to Sportlots in one large package, so they don't get dinged by shipping as much, either.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
So, with the Box Shipping. Many sellers offer discounted or free shipping to Sportlots' home base. You have to have at least 2 orders shipped and received at Sportlots. Once you have at least 2 orders waiting, you can pay to have Sportlots ship whatever orders you have waiting to you.

The higher volume sellers offer such discounted prices, because they send multiple orders to Sportlots in one large package, so they don't get dinged by shipping as much, either.
Plus, usually every so often sportlots has a huge inventory of box shipping and will actually refund their estimated charge to your actual shipping cost from them to you out of the box. They did it back in November or so when I sent a lot home from the box.

dragonfire613

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Signed up today and placed my first order! Are there any other non- ebay sites out there for dealing cards? I mean ebay is great for convenience and variety, but the overhead and that 12% take drives prices up across the board.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Signed up today and placed my first order! Are there any other non- ebay sites out there for dealing cards? I mean ebay is great for convenience and variety, but the overhead and that 12% take drives prices up across the board.
I've only ever bought from eBay, COMC, forums, and now Sportlots.

On another note, can someone tell me if it's normal for Sportlots sellers to take a long time to ship? The order I placed on Saturday still hasn't even shipped, while the one I placed on Sunday will probably be here tomorrow.