SportLots is Awesome!

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I've only ever bought from eBay, COMC, forums, and now Sportlots.

On another note, can someone tell me if it's normal for Sportlots sellers to take a long time to ship? The order I placed on Saturday still hasn't even shipped, while the one I placed on Sunday will probably be here tomorrow.
I think it's 10 days before you can hit them with a 'complaint' that usually gets them to ship next day. If they don't respond to it within a few days it will get credited back. Sometimes they just cancel the orders also. That's the downside of working with individual sellers and individual inventories.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Yeah, this is exactly what I was afraid of, and exactly what I don't want to happen!
Just beware buying rare or valuable parallels. I've had numerous times where the seller sent the more common version. The late 90's were a mess but the 2000's were a whole other level of crazy.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Just beware buying rare or valuable parallels. I've had numerous times where the seller sent the more common version. The late 90's were a mess but the 2000's were a whole other level of crazy.
Yeah, there are a few that I bought that I'm wondering about. Some of the inserts were the same price as the base ($.25 or less). There were a few of those in the order that's already shipped, so I guess we'll see tomorrow or Friday if those were accurate or not. If not, I won't complain too much. As long as 90% of them turn out to be right, I'll be a happy camper!

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
As an update, tomorrow will be 1 week since I made my first purchase. I made a 2nd purchase a week ago this Sunday.

The cards I purchased on Sunday "shipped" on Monday, but I still haven't received them.

The cards I purchased on Saturday were just "shipped" today.

So, the processing/shipping times are slower than I'd like, at least in these instances, but if the cards do arrive next week I'll still consider it a success. I guess I shouldn't complain about having to wait just a little longer considering how much money I'm saving versus buying these all on eBay, or even COMC.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
You've got to remember that every single seller is individually shipping those to you. A lot of them will work on a weekly schedule. I actually ship everything to the 'box' and redeem it every 6 months or so. I get more PWE's in a huge box than I've ever seen.

If you want to 'bump' the seller, hit them with a transaction wrench/issue after the time period has elasped and they almost always ship the next day. Lazy people.

greatdadx2

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Like earlier, I have never had an issue with the sellers I purchased from. We need to realize that in this fast paced world we live in, the vast majority of us have way more going on in life than cards. I for one have no plans on leaving this earth, so if I have to wait a little bit longer for something then so be it. In the meantime I have a family and a job to keep me busy and entertained.

giants1249er

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
As an update, tomorrow will be 1 week since I made my first purchase. I made a 2nd purchase a week ago this Sunday.

The cards I purchased on Sunday "shipped" on Monday, but I still haven't received them.

The cards I purchased on Saturday were just "shipped" today.

So, the processing/shipping times are slower than I'd like, at least in these instances, but if the cards do arrive next week I'll still consider it a success. I guess I shouldn't complain about having to wait just a little longer considering how much money I'm saving versus buying these all on eBay, or even COMC.
There is a message I get when I make a purchase that it will take between 3-12 days to receive your purchase.

Rhubarb_Runner

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Signed up today and placed my first order! Are there any other non- ebay sites out there for dealing cards? I mean ebay is great for convenience and variety, but the overhead and that 12% take drives prices up across the board.
There are a whole lot of bloggers/collectors that trade, too. Not as convenient as one-stop shopping, but I've made a lot of friends in the past trading this way, plus a lot of the bloggers have some fun stuff to post, too. Check out the Blogroll: http://bdj610scblogroll.blogspot.com/

Xdj511

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I had used sportlots on and off for a number of years. It helped me find individual cards I was having trouble finding, but to pay $1.00 to ship an .18 cent card was kind of silly. I would usually wait to find them via trade or at a show. Then with COVID I couldn't go to shows anymore and I started using sportlots all the time. It helps when you have a lot of time to pick an individual seller and go through their entire inventory to look for cards you need. My wantlist shrank for the first time... ever. I've had almost all good experiences. Some packages have taken a long time to arrive and I don't know if it's from slow sellers or the USPS. I get the idea that sellers nearly always mark the order as filled almost immediately but then take their time filling it, and actual shipping might take another week or more.

I agree with prior posters that variations are an issue. They're started trying to make separate entries for variations marked with a little "i" that will tell you the variation. I'm always looking to finish my 80's variations and I only just noticed that there were variations listed for 1989 Fleer but not for most of the other sets with a lot of errors.

mechjo16

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I've only ever bought from eBay, COMC, forums, and now Sportlots.

On another note, can someone tell me if it's normal for Sportlots sellers to take a long time to ship? The order I placed on Saturday still hasn't even shipped, while the one I placed on Sunday will probably be here tomorrow.

I've been using them for 10+ years. I have never had a shipping notice take more than 3 days. 3 day was the times I placed of Friday and they ship on Monday.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Nearly 2 weeks since I ordered and still nothing. The second package I ordered was "shipped" 10 days ago so the option to create an "issue" is there. I don't really want to do that, though. I'll give this one until Saturday before I decide what comes next.

I know some folks are busy and shipping is slow but over 2 weeks, in my opinion, is a bit excessive. The awesome is starting to wear off...which is too bad because I was super excited to find this place!

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Nearly 2 weeks since I ordered and still nothing. The second package I ordered was "shipped" 10 days ago so the option to create an "issue" is there. I don't really want to do that, though. I'll give this one until Saturday before I decide what comes next.

I know some folks are busy and shipping is slow but over 2 weeks, in my opinion, is a bit excessive. The awesome is starting to wear off...which is too bad because I was super excited to find this place!
This is very surprising to me. I usually order from there every couple of weeks and have never really had any problems. I do have one card that I am waiting on that has not arrived. I hope this is not a trend. I have almost 200 hundred orders placed and this is the first one that has not arrived in a timely manner. I will continue to place orders because this seems to be the only place to find commons and variations. I am very wary to try COMC because I have heard nothing but horror stories from that place.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
This is very surprising to me. I usually order from there every couple of weeks and have never really had any problems. I do have one card that I am waiting on that has not arrived. I hope this is not a trend. I have almost 200 hundred orders placed and this is the first one that has not arrived in a timely manner. I will continue to place orders because this seems to be the only place to find commons and variations. I am very wary to try COMC because I have heard nothing but horror stories from that place.
I can't imagine Sportlots would still be a thing if this was the norm. It's just frustrating for me because I seem to have picked 2 sellers who are slow as molasses. I just hope I do end up getting the cards at some point. I spent, literally, hours on each order checking individual cards against my lists so it'd be a bummer if they never show. The wait wouldn't bother me at all if there was some kind of communication. One of the orders marked as shipped a few days after I bought it. Perfectly acceptable. However that package was clearly not shipped that day unless it's lost in the mail. With no tracking, though, I won't know until it arrives. To me, the not knowing is worse than the waiting.

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I can't imagine Sportlots would still be a thing if this was the norm. It's just frustrating for me because I seem to have picked 2 sellers who are slow as molasses. I just hope I do end up getting the cards at some point. I spent, literally, hours on each order checking individual cards against my lists so it'd be a bummer if they never show. The wait wouldn't bother me at all if there was some kind of communication. One of the orders marked as shipped a few days after I bought it. Perfectly acceptable. However that package was clearly not shipped that day unless it's lost in the mail. With no tracking, though, I won't know until it arrives. To me, the not knowing is worse than the waiting.
I completely understand what you are saying about there being no tracking. Which is why A LOT of people appreciate what you have done with this site. It is much easier to add a tracking number now than it was before. I hope it all works out for you. I think it will in the end. This site and Sportlots are the only place I get cards from. And i do not plan on changing that anytime soon.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Just create the issue, it will force their hand to either show tracking or refund the order.
Package wasn't here again today so I went ahead and created the issue. Hopefully this will push the seller into getting it shipped out instead of just cancelling the order and refunding my money. Only time will tell, though!

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Well, I'm feeling a lot better today. I just received tracking from the seller of the first package that was mailed. He actually did mail the package on the 26th of April. At least the tracking showed USPS was in possession of the item. It sat there, with no movement until the 3rd. Then it sat there, with no movement until today when it arrived at a large distribution center in Texas. It left that distribution center early this morning and is now at my post office. My post office is closed today, and I'm not sure whether they deliver to PO boxes, or not. I'll check it in a few hours to confirm but, worst case scenario, I'll have the cards by Monday.

So all my worrying, at least where that package was concerned, was for nothing. Turns out it wasn't a slow seller, but a slow postal service. I definitely wouldn't have guessed that considering all the packages from group breaks I've mailed out, and received, have been making it across country just fine.

In any case, I'm back in the "Sportlots is Awesome" fan club!

metsman1986

MVP
5.00 star(s)
They're just OK in my opinion..........Another resource to find cards for sets...........COMC was the best for that back in the day; not so much anymore...............

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
COMC was the best for that back in the day; not so much anymore
COMC does have a lot of cards I need, but even with the cheaper shipping they're still much more expensive than what I paid at Sportlots.

That said, eventually I'll reach a point where that is no longer the case because I'll have bought all the cheap ones on Sportlots.