Spring Training

Rhubarb_Runner

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Just back from a month in Ft. Myers, FL (Mrs Runner recently retired; we'd planned this long ago, and decided we could isolate there as well as we could at home), so I'm looking forward to checking out 2021 cards and getting back into the swing of things on The Bench.

I wanted to report that I was able to snag tickets to a Spring Training game on March 4 -- Rays vs. Twins. The weather was beautiful, and the precautions that the ballpark took in no way made us feel overly uncomfortable being around other fans.

spring training.jpg

Hopefully the major league parks learn from the Spring Training experience and also do a safe job of partially opening up to fans in the park. In the meantime...get your vaccine shots!

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
My brothers are talking about Arizona next year. I'm looking forward to it. The thing that strikes me about going to games is that the players look so small. At least from the upper deck.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Thanks for sharing your pictures with us! I'm still trying to get my shot.....in a long waiting list with Walgreen. Best regards, David

greatdadx2

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Wife and I were supposed to go Spring training (Cactus League) last season....we are definitely going next season for at least a week....Went a few years ago with my youngest daughter...ended up going to six games (six different ballparks) and a Arizona Coyotes game in five days....

California announced limited capacity for all 5 MLB teams, so will be buying tickets for Dodgers, Angels, and Padres very soon.....Plus already bought mini game plans for the Inland Empire 66ers (single A for the Angels) this season....EXCITED to get back to the ballpark

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
That picture brings joy to my heart! Nothing better than baseball live and in person. Glad you were able to make it to a game and feel comfortable while you were there!

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Got second shot.....was a little tired.........older brother and wife were also tried and indicated on the second day felt like the flu on day 2....Okay after that. Best regards, David