Starting a new chapter.

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
I have decided to go back to school...actually I have already been accepted by DeVry and start this Monday. With a family now I want to make sure I can move out of this area and to a much nicer school district by the time Magnus is ready to start school.

I also have a new job lined up this fall, doesn't pay that great but the hours work and I find it to be very rewarding work so it will fit the bill for now.

I mention all this because I may not be very active for the next couple of years. I have no idea how much time school will take up but I have to assume it will cut into my Bench time most semesters.

Now I will never finish that web site project of mine I suppose:p

rynofan23

5.00 star(s)
Congrats, Matt! That is a big step. And as long as work allows you to spend time with your family and you're happy, pay matters little.

Also, if you ever need help with your website, I would like to pick up a little project.

Tai

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
Congrats, Matt! That is a big step. And as long as work allows you to spend time with your family and you're happy, pay matters little.

Also, if you ever need help with your website, I would like to pick up a little project.

Tai

Thank you:) I wish you could help with the site but I'm down to filling in the content which is scanning the collection or filling in cards for the trade list.

Come make a road trip and I'll put you to work though:D

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
Hey Matt.
Best of luck to you my friend. I really am glad to call you my friend. Hope everything goes well for you and your family. Just dont forget us here on the Bench. I also have a Choi card for you.
Later
Your old new buddy or was it your new old buddy
Tom

rynofan23

5.00 star(s)
Thank you:) I wish you could help with the site but I'm down to filling in the content which is scanning the collection or filling in cards for the trade list.

Come make a road trip and I'll put you to work though:D

If I ever finish scanning mine, I'll think about it. :p

Tai

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Best of luck with the new chapter in your life! Drop by once in a while to say hello to your friends on The Bench! Best regards, David

Tim Carroll

5.00 star(s)
Now I will never finish that web site project of mine I suppose:p

First off......congrats on going back to school! Now, for the quote above.........I think school will actually help your chances of finishing the site.:) Outside of spending time with the family, you have to have something else to play around with in order to maintain your sanity.............

If I can ever help with anything (schoolwise)........shoot me a PM.;)

Tim

Fatboycards

5.00 star(s)
Matt
Buddy I wish you nothing but the best. Magnus is a very lucky boy to have a dad who is looking out for him the way you do. Its so hard to go back to school as we get older ,I did it at 30 and though it was hard at times ,I never regretted it . Heck I wouldnt have what I do now if it wasnt for my schooling. Keep us updated as you can.

alan1000

5.00 star(s)
Best of luck to you! I will be starting my Junior year this fall (half way to a BBA). Unfortunately I have to basically quit trading from Sept-May due to the busy schedule. Hopefully you manage to enjoy your family, grow your already amazing Choi and Negro League collections, as well as keep a high GPA.
BTW what degree are you looking to complete?

-Alan

Taliasen

5.00 star(s)
Congrats on going back to school and on the new job! I am sure it is such a relief for you and April! Best of luck bud!

Now lets get the YSL set finished before you go back so it does not interfere with your schooling or job! ;)

Tal

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
Matt - I'm happy for you my man! I hope everything works out for you!

Thanks
Craig

Thanks Craig:)

Congrats on going back to school and on the new job! I am sure it is such a relief for you and April! Best of luck bud!

Now lets get the YSL set finished before you go back so it does not interfere with your schooling or job! ;)

Tal

Thanks Tim:) I would love to get the set finished but it's slow going right now.

Best of luck to you! I will be starting my Junior year this fall (half way to a BBA). Unfortunately I have to basically quit trading from Sept-May due to the busy schedule. Hopefully you manage to enjoy your family, grow your already amazing Choi and Negro League collections, as well as keep a high GPA.
BTW what degree are you looking to complete?

-Alan

Only taking two classes a semester so I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I'm going for a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering Technology degree.

Matt
Buddy I wish you nothing but the best. Magnus is a very lucky boy to have a dad who is looking out for him the way you do. Its so hard to go back to school as we get older ,I did it at 30 and though it was hard at times ,I never regretted it . Heck I wouldnt have what I do now if it wasnt for my schooling. Keep us updated as you can.

Thanks Randy:)

First off......congrats on going back to school! Now, for the quote above.........I think school will actually help your chances of finishing the site.:) Outside of spending time with the family, you have to have something else to play around with in order to maintain your sanity.............

If I can ever help with anything (schoolwise)........shoot me a PM.;)

Tim

Be careful Teach as I might just take you up on that offer:)

Best of luck with the new chapter in your life! Drop by once in a while to say hello to your friends on The Bench! Best regards, David

Thanks David:) I'm not leaving though, just may not be around as much.

JJLevitsky

5.00 star(s)
Good luck and best wishes Buddy. It is always good to invest in yourself. I am sure this will work out great for you.

Thanks,

Jeff

jflan702

5.00 star(s)
Congrats bud and good luck with the classes. Magnus is a lucky kid to have a dad doing everything that you are to make his future better.
Even though you won't be around much, we still have that nice pic of you that we'll have to break out from time to time. :D

If there's ever anything that I can do to help you out, just say the word.

Good Luck Bud!

John

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
Good luck and best wishes Buddy. It is always good to invest in yourself. I am sure this will work out great for you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate it:)

Congrats bud and good luck with the classes. Magnus is a lucky kid to have a dad doing everything that you are to make his future better.
Even though you won't be around much, we still have that nice pic of you that we'll have to break out from time to time. :D

If there's ever anything that I can do to help you out, just say the word.

Good Luck Bud!

John

Thanks John, and thanks for the offer:)

chaplain11

5.00 star(s)
Best of luck in school and the upcoming job. It is never really a bad idea to better your situation and improve your families quality of life through education.

Take care,
Dewayne

metsman1986

5.00 star(s)
The best of luck and hard work.................I'm going through a similar situation here in Memphis...............Do what you can, head up, and know that there are a bunch of us on the bench rooting for you................That's my say, take care and God bless in the future.......................Mike

Jeffo65

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Matt,

I guess I missed this post. Congrats on going back to school. What are you going into?

You will still have time for your collection. You will just have to manage your time and schedule between family, school and hobby. I know you can and will do it.

Pencil June 2011 on your calendar, I will be running the race in Batavia again.

Later,

Jeff

Trader Rich

5.00 star(s)
Matt,

I wish you the best in the new chapter in your life.
MY niece in Villa Park went to DeVry and it helped her find a real good well paying job.
I am sure you will do well in whatever you do.

Rich