Stimulus

PRosefan1

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Anybody doing anything with your stimulus checks? Gonna hold onto mine until I get back to work. Then its a case of 2021 series one for me.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Second Stimulus check or the first? First still have about $800.00 ......used it on my Christmas Present Cal Ripken Jr. purple auto serial to 5 .....used more on the second Cal Ripken Jr. red auto/gu serial to 25 for the New Year contest...spend $125.00!! Used the rest on a Bowman Draft box, Bowman Best box! Best regards, David PS second Stimulus will keep most of it as the second Property tax is due in April. But willl use part of it on my 3 Jumbos in Feb for the 2020 Topps I series.

Mike121

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I think I'll probably be getting a new smoker and some new boots. Been wanting/needing both for a while now but didn't want to spend the money. At least that's the plan now. That could change once the money is in my account and I decide to just let it hang out there. 🤷‍♂️

GotMelky

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Will use to help pay off a part of the medical bill from my son's surgery. Normally we would donate a chunk of it because my wife and I are considered essential and have not missed a paycheck. We might still do that anyway as I know there are people in need.

Jaybo374

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
My wife and I have not experienced any financial stress because we both work in education. However, our district was in a dire financial strait for a couple of years and COVID just exacerbated this. We lost about 5% of our faculty and staff after last school year and expect many more layoffs this year as well. My wife is low-man on the totem pole for department seniority and will be most likely laid off this time around. I have the most in mine. Fortunately, my wife’s former employer, a large regional bank, has contacted her to tell her that she could go back if she is laid off. What we plan to do with our stimulus money is to put half toward credit cards and the other half toward a down payment for a car for our 16 year old daughter.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Going to throw this up here -- if you want to comment on what you are doing with your stimulus, that is fine and acceptable in this thread.

Anything that resembles political commentary will be deleted. The Bench is not a place to discuss your political thoughts or views.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Chavezforprez

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Mine is sitting in the savings account for a rainy day. My wife and I have been fortunate to be working (Navy and a Nurse) this whole time, so I'm not sure what to do with it yet.

Billy

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Someone just mentioned that Ca will be issuing stimulus payment of $600.00 next coming week. Anybody else hear about this? Best regards, David