STOP SPAMMING the boards!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IVe thought the same thing. It would be nice to be able to delete the threads we started
You'd think one of us would just go and ask in the proper place for questions rather than typing about it amongst ourselves like a couple doofuses. :p

I have deleted all the threads that were requested to be deleted. I try to keep on top of the requests and approvals but I was out of town this past weekend seeing family and decided to take a little break for just the weekend. Sometimes I am a little hesitant to delete threads that do not have reports requesting deletion. Myself along with every other moderator was accused of targeting a member because some of his threads were deleted. That occured during the hack that happened a while back which I am sure that some of you remember. I have never attacked anyone on here. But sometimes i think that some people need to take a little step back and realize that this is a hobby for a large percentage of us. I may be wrong but I feel that lately some people are quick to get offended by the smallest things. No one forces anyone to trade here, buy card here or sell cards here. You ALWAYS have the option of conducting your business somewhere else. If there is a problem I will always do my best to try and resolve the issue. As most of you know I am a pretty easy person to trade with and get along with.

I anyone has any questions or issues please feel free to reach out to me and I iwll do my best to try and make things right.

Thanks,

Bryon

I have deleted all the threads that were requested to be deleted. I try to keep on top of the requests and approvals but I was out of town this past weekend seeing family and decided to take a little break for just the weekend. Sometimes I am a little hesitant to delete threads that do not have reports requesting deletion. Myself along with every other moderator was accused of targeting a member because some of his threads were deleted. That occured during the hack that happened a while back which I am sure that some of you remember. I have never attacked anyone on here. But sometimes i think that some people need to take a little step back and realize that this is a hobby for a large percentage of us. I may be wrong but I feel that lately some people are quick to get offended by the smallest things. No one forces anyone to trade here, buy card here or sell cards here. You ALWAYS have the option of conducting your business somewhere else. If there is a problem I will always do my best to try and resolve the issue. As most of you know I am a pretty easy person to trade with and get along with.

I anyone has any questions or issues please feel free to reach out to me and I iwll do my best to try and make things right.

Thanks,

Bryon
Bryon,
I would think that the best course of action would not to be delete any thread like the previous moderator mentioned (let them all fall into the archives). It is a pain but if members truly want them moved it better to not delete them but to archive them individually by having them report them or contacting a mod specifically asking for help. Not sure what your policy is on this site here but I would take a guess that all owners would say No to deleting them. That is just my take based on SEO, post count for members, etc.

Don

Bryon,
I would think that the best course of action would not to be delete any thread like the previous moderator mentioned (let them all fall into the archives). It is a pain but if members truly want them moved it better to not delete them but to archive them individually by having them report them or contacting a mod specifically asking for help. Not sure what your policy is on this site here but I would take a guess that all owners would say No to deleting them. That is just my take based on SEO, post count for members, etc.

Don
Hey Don, that is an excellent point about the post count. I have deleted the ones where we received requests to delete them. I think that most people do not pay attention to their post count. But some may pay attention. I also am pretty sure that when I delete a thread that not only does the person whose thread was deleted lost those posts but all the posts that were made in that thread go away also. I am just going to continue to delete threads when the member who created the thread requests it to be deleted.

Thank you for the insight. Sometimes it is kind of nice to get some good feedback and some positive feedback at that.

Bryon

Bryon,
It is all good. I am just old school and love getting feedback as well so when I see a post like this I do not mind chiming in. Of course with many things on forums like these it just what folks get used to. The biggest thing is just letting the members know moderators are out there who will help them. A lot of time it just easy for them to reach you as many mod's probably do not always check the threads that get reported (my experience). See you on the boards.

Isn’t the BUMP the whole reason for moving your post to the top?

Yes - the goal of the bump is to move your thread to the top of the forum. The problem is when someone bumps 5 or 6 of their own threads all at once, it pushes other people off the first page.

Once again, mods try to see everything, but we don't. If we see it, you get a warning. If you do it again, it is grounds for a timeout. We aren't trying to pick on anyone or single anyone out, we react to what we see when we are active on the board. That is the rub, sometimes we aren't on the boards, we don't live here and we aren't awake 24/7 monitoring every interaction that goes on.

If you are unhappy with the rules and you don't want to follow the rules (the rules, which, by the way, were installed here on Day 1), than you don't have to buy/sell/trade here. Go to another site and see how they treat you there - I am a member of multiple sites, and this one, to date, is the best one I have found.

Yes - the goal of the bump is to move your thread to the top of the forum. The problem is when someone bumps 5 or 6 of their own threads all at once, it pushes other people off the first page.

Once again, mods try to see everything, but we don't. If we see it, you get a warning. If you do it again, it is grounds for a timeout. We aren't trying to pick on anyone or single anyone out, we react to what we see when we are active on the board. That is the rub, sometimes we aren't on the boards, we don't live here and we aren't awake 24/7 monitoring every interaction that goes on.

If you are unhappy with the rules and you don't want to follow the rules (the rules, which, by the way, were installed here on Day 1), than you don't have to buy/sell/trade here. Go to another site and see how they treat you there - I am a member of multiple sites, and this one, to date, is the best one I have found.
Yeah I don’t think I’ve EVER bumped 5 or 6 posts! LoL…maybe a couple from different forum threads though (ex. One from Basketball and another from Baseball or football) I don’t see a problem with that…

Thanks Josh