Sweet Corn!

bigalbert

5.00 star(s)
One of the bonuses of being a farmer is that we usually plant some sweet corn when we get started in the spring and its ready! A little butter and a little salt and get out of the way:D Just wondering if any of you all like sweet corn as much as my family and I do.

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
Now you are talking . Best thing going . People who live across the street from have a farm and sell their sweet corn. It is really great
Chief

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Big fan of Yellow Corn! Butter and a little salt.....takes me back to my days on my Uncle's farm a long time ago. We always had the first corn of the season! Best regards, David

O

oldmarine0311

Ahhh corn the "bookmark food" lol The sandy soil out here in Eastern Oregon makes some good sweetcorn too, right along with them tasty Walla Walla Sweet onions... Get the BBQ ready everybody lol....

DMS6391

4.90 star(s)
Also wanted to add, that nothing beat fresh produce. My family also farms (mostly nursery plants, but we do have a road-side stand in the spring/fall). We do strawberries (eaten so many over the years I've almost grown tired of them , lol), blueberries, blackberries, cantaloupes, squash, zucchini, cabbage, etc. I love eating a meal in the spring that incorporates all that stuff. Our home grown cabbage, onions, squash, potatoes. And berries for dessert. Yum.

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
OHHHHH HOW I ENVY YOU AL !!!

Growing up we used to go to a place called camp merrimac for the annual corn roast. They'd take the tractor out in the fields, pick the corn, come back and cook it immediately. Had 50 gallon drums cut in half with big baskets in them. Just dump the corn in, husk and all, and 10-15 minutes later pull the baskets out and dump the corn. One of my best memories from when I was a kid ! About a half an hour from picking to eating, WOW !! The corn was so sweet and juicy and flavorful we just ripped off the husk and dove in, no butter or salt needed. If I didn't need to leave room for a hot dog or two I would have eaten more than the requisit 10-12 ears. lol