Technology used in Fantasy Sports

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
Every time I load up my browser, I get the message that Flash Player will not be supported after 12/31/2020. Do you want to turn it off?

I'm concerned by this because I'm using a laptop to access the internet and the flash player is used for Yahoo drafts and the Yahoo stat tracker. I haven't heard any announcement from Yahoo as to how these programs will function in 2021. I'm curious as to how many of you are in the same boat. Do you know of a fix? What other technology are you using that doesn't use flash? Has anyone heard anything about this?

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Flash is outdated and, in most cases, insecure. Yahoo already has a new client for drafts that doesn't use Flash. They added it years ago. I haven't had Flash enabled in my browser in probably 3-5 years now and never had any problems drafting a Yahoo Fantasy team.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
Flash is outdated and, in most cases, insecure. Yahoo already has a new client for drafts that doesn't use Flash. They added it years ago. I haven't had Flash enabled in my browser in probably 3-5 years now and never had any problems drafting a Yahoo Fantasy team.
That's good news. I was thinking that they still used flash. Or is there a setting to get to the more recent program?

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
That's good news. I was thinking that they still used flash. Or is there a setting to get to the more recent program?
Not as far as I'm aware. Honestly, I wasn't even aware they still had a flash client. I think you should be able to disable flash and it'll just automatically work.