Tells us the longest time it took for one trade?

Tankp

5.00 star(s)
I know this is going to be fun. I am going to say it took me close to five weeks to pull off one trade. At one point I didn't he think the other part was interested any more. And I am not talking a highend card here either. I know crazy so much back and forth blah blah. And of course life does get in the way. But I want to read some of these funny and even weird stories.
Have fun and give some funny details.

HockeyBrawler

5.00 star(s)
I've had the worst luck with trades, which is why I only do it now with people at reputable boards where there's actually some accountability-- places such as this, for example.

Had one trade a few years back that took me about four months to complete, including me threatening to file a mail fraud complaint on the kid...

I was trading him four signed cards of mine for two of his. In early August, just after I sent my two, he told me he could 50/50 the Marlins and Giants, so I sent him a bunch of stuff for them. A month later, I still don't have my cards from the original trade. He says he was busy and would get them out in the following week. I asked him about the 50/50 and he said he gave the cards to his cousin to get done and now his cousin wouldn't give them back.

So at that point, I was out about 70 cards and four signed ones. In mid September, I asked again where my cards were, and he said he sent them "a long time ago." Two weeks later I ask him again and he says he sent them "a week ago." So I called him out on it and said if he didn't get my cards to me within two weeks, I'd file a mail fraud complaint with the USPS.

A month passes-- we're at the end of October now. Nothing. I ask him where my cards are. He says-- third different response to that question-- that he would be sending them out in the following week. I tell him I'm filing a mail fraud complaint as we speak. I wasn't, but I figured I'd see what would happen.

He called my bluff and a week later I had the two signed cards waiting in the mailbox with a note trying to apologize profusely. I later learned he had ripped off several other people on 50/50 deals and trades. So if a Josh Bloom from Boca Raton, FL tries to trade with you, RUN-- DO NOT WALK-- in the opposite direction.

Never got my 50/50 stuff back, but whatever.

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
I had one trade here that took nealry 1 year to receive. The trader made excuses for several weeks and then finally disappeared from the site for about 6 months if I remember correctly. I was able to find a phone number and call and leave a voice message, but still nothing. A few months later, the trader reappeared on the site, promised to send my cards and then disappeared again after a day or two. I filed a trade gone bad, the member was eventually banned/suspended and I figured I had lost this one for good.

Nearly a year after the trade was started, a package arrived without any warning. No correspondence, no apology, no explanation, just the cards I was owed. At least I got the cards!