Thank You Chip Kelly.....

The G

5.00 star(s)
For taking Sam Bradford and giving us Nick Foles! Rams fan since 1968.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Strange that Chip Kelly would trade for Bradford since he does not seem to fit into his mobile QB system. And conventional wisdom was that Foles was to be trade bait to move up in the draft so the Eagles could draft Marcus Mariota.

And how risky is it that Kelly traded for two players coming off major reconstructive knee surgery in Kiko Alonso and Sam Bradford?? Neither guy played at all last year and he traded away his starting QB and a recent NFL rushing champion.

I've never seen a day in the NFL like today. Not only the free agent movement but the trades involving big name players has been something unprecedented. With all these trades he NFL has turned into the NBA all of a sudden and in this case it is a good thing.

tglg

5.00 star(s)
Talk of the Eagles trading Bradford and something to Cleveland for their #12 pick in this years draft. Then trading #12 and #20 in this years draft to move up to make a move for Mariotta. That is what I am hearing here in St. Louis.

The G

5.00 star(s)
Yep that is what I'm hearing here Cleveland also. The Eagles get some draft picks if Bradford plays 8 games or not at all. I can't believe that they took the whole $13 million of Bradford's salary.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Talk of the Eagles trading Bradford and something to Cleveland for their #12 pick in this years draft. Then trading #12 and #20 in this years draft to move up to make a move for Mariotta. That is what I am hearing here in St. Louis.

Hadn't heard that rumor, but it may make sense being that Pettine is originally from the Philly area. On the other hand, if you are going to deal Shady and Foles anyway - why not just trade them both to the Jets and take their #6 draft position? I don't see any way that the Jets could turn that deal down. Plus the Eagles would dump salary, not take it on and they wouldn't give up any of their own picks.

I am beginning to wonder if any of the GM's for Philly sports teams have any clue as to what their actual job description and goals truly are.

The G

5.00 star(s)
Yeah people around here say the same thing about the Browns management. They've whiffed on a lot of 1st round picks. Luckily I'm a Rams fan but even they still can't find good receivers since Bruce and Holt.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
And now we have DeMarco Murray and Ryan Matthews, to go with Darren Sproles. At this point, just easier to wait and see how it turns out than waste the time and energy trying to figure it out.

The G

5.00 star(s)
It was a crazy week especially in Philly. Really happy to get Foles hope it works out for you guys and Murray comes back to haunt Dallas.==G

Ajax44

5.00 star(s)
I just think that the Rams are dumping salary for the move. When they get to LA, they'll have some cash to splash on a "name" player or two to drum up more fans. Foles is fine, but like Bradford, Hill, and the other QB's that have played here in the last decade...... they have no one to throw to.

The G

5.00 star(s)
I just think that the Rams are dumping salary for the move. When they get to LA, they'll have some cash to splash on a "name" player or two to drum up more fans. Foles is fine, but like Bradford, Hill, and the other QB's that have played here in the last decade...... they have no one to throw to.

Yeah your probably right about the salary. Really don't want Kevin White at 10, prefer Waynes. My daughter lives in Tracy and I told her that if the Rams move we will be moving to So Cal when I retire in 3 years. I've seen the Rams in Cincy,Indy,Buffalo and Cleveland. would love to watch a game in Cali./G

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
The NFL is a QB's game, no doubt. The Rams majorly overpaid for Bradford (see also Cutler, Jay: Chicago Bears!) and hopefully can get things turned around, but boy have they struggled in the past decade!