The 2019 MLB Playoff Thread

Kirbyfan34

4.90 star(s)
First things first, congrats to the Nationals! Totally decimated a tough Cardinals team. They said on the broadcast on TBS that the last World Series game played in DC was in 1933! October 7th 1933. To give you a little perspective on this

This was 1 year 5 months and 1 day BEFORE Elvis Presley was born
The Hoover Dam was about half constructed
Franklin D. Roosevelt had been in Office for about 7 months
The Cubs drought was only 25 years old at the time.
World War 2 was Six years from starting.

I am sure that I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Everyone loves the underdog and the Nats surely qualify there. It was an amazing game to watch/listen too. And to think they did it WITHOUT Bryce Harper

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Congrats to the Nats - hard to believe that it was a sweep that got them in. Apparently, they just needed to get rid of Bryce and let Strasburg pitch. Who would have thought?? Oh, and of course, hang a baby shark on the dugout...that was so crazy to see in person this summer - the stadium was totally bonkers when Parra came to the plate.

Yanks/Astros - rain out tonight - could have 2 straight days of baseball starting tomorrow..or 4 straight. I am kind of hoping 4 straight, I want this to be a good series!

After the Cards scored 10 runs in the 1st inning of their NLDS clincher, they only scored 9? runs the rest of the season - I think that is right???

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Astros power to a win in game 4, commanding 3-1 lead. Shame to see Sabathia get injured, never want to see that, especially if it is his last time on the mound. Assuming 5 years from now he will be walking into Cooperstown.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
One more day...just one more day until the series starts. Seems like it should be ALL ABOUT pitching -- which means it is going to get crazy and have a bunch of 9-7 games!!!

Hoping the weather holds for the games in DC!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Just about 2 hours until Strasburg/Cole - can't wait. Thank goodness for picture in picture, since NBA kicks off as well!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Just about 2 hours until Strasburg/Cole - can't wait. Thank goodness for picture in picture, since NBA kicks off as well!

Sorry about that --- Scherzer/Cole. Strasburg goes tonight against Verlander. Big win last night for the Nats taking down Gerritt Cole. Not sure who the game MVP would have been - Soto for his hitting? Or Suzuki for his defensive work behind the plate - did an amazing job blocking all the balls in the dirt.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Sorry about that --- Scherzer/Cole. Strasburg goes tonight against Verlander. Big win last night for the Nats taking down Gerritt Cole. Not sure who the game MVP would have been - Soto for his hitting? Or Suzuki for his defensive work behind the plate - did an amazing job blocking all the balls in the dirt.

Suzuki...I believed played for Fullerton college .......Best regards, David PS Played for A's and Twins, Braves.

Last edited:

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Nationals 12 over Astros 3 Nationals 2-0!

That game escalated quickly!!! The Nats are just grinding and grinding.

For as much as folks talk about Kershaw in the post season, Verlander is now 0-5 in the World Series....And he may or may not get another shot on the bump this go round.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
That game escalated quickly!!! The Nats are just grinding and grinding.

For as much as folks talk about Kershaw in the post season, Verlander is now 0-5 in the World Series....And he may or may not get another shot on the bump this go round.
But at least he still married to a hot super model!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
But at least he still married to a hot super model!

No denying that statement...

Couple more hours and the world series is back in DC for the first time since 1933 - pretty sure the crowd will be a bit amped up! Sanchez/Greinke - not sure who the advantage goes to. Supposed to be perfect weather for baseball the next couple nights!

David K.

5.00 star(s)
No denying that statement...

Couple more hours and the world series is back in DC for the first time since 1933 - pretty sure the crowd will be a bit amped up! Sanchez/Greinke - not sure who the advantage goes to. Supposed to be perfect weather for baseball the next couple nights!
Game three!