The 2019 MLB Playoff Thread

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
What happened to the Nats????? Lost all 3 games at home, scored a total of 3 runs?? That is the opposite of home cooking!!!

Heading back to Houston tomorrow, curious to see what happens with Verlander - will he finally get a WS win, or are we headed to a Game 7 with a cortisone'd up Scherzer taking the bump for the Nats?

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
An absolute bomb from Soto in the top of the 5th to put the Nats ahead 3-2!

Can Strasburg and the Nats bullpen hold together for 15 more outs???

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
3-3 tied up Nationals 7 to 2 over Astros!

And we get a Game 7 - spectacular!!!

I am not a fan of bat flips, but kind of like that Bregman and than Soto took it all the way to 1st base with them -- someone has to go Cerrano style eventually, right???

Verlander - 0-6 in 7 WS starts...just throwing that out there.

Not sure what the umps were looking at on that Turner interference call. Was he 8 inches inside the baseline - yes. Do 99.99% of all players running to first take that exact same line - yes. The pitcher made a bad throw, that is why Gurriel had to come up the line. That was a total bailout call by the umps. The baseline rule is designed for plays/throws coming from the catcher in the vicinity of home plate, where the catcher needs an angle to throw to 1st base. It is not designed for a ball that is 35 feet up the 3rd base line and the fielder has a perfect angle to throw to the 1st baseman.

Based on the interpretation by the umps last night, any throw by an infielder that the first basemen has to reach back down the line and contacts the runner is now interference and should be considered an out.

I would have to go back and check the replays again, but if I remember correctly, Gurriel's footwork on the base was wrong - right handed 1st basemen should have their right foot on the bag when receiving the throw, not their left foot.

stepping off my soapbox now.....

David K.

5.00 star(s)
NATIONALS WORLD SERIES WINNER! Making Fresno Grizzlies AAA Team......the home for the champions 2019, 2017 (Astros), 2014, 2012 & 2010 (Giants)!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
NATIONALS WORLD SERIES WINNER! Making Fresno Grizzlies AAA Team......the home for the champions 2019, 2017 (Astros), 2014, 2012 & 2010 (Giants)!

That is a crazy statistic regarding the Fresno AAA team....especially since it is 3 different major league teams!

Congratulations to the Nationals - they were 4 outs away from elimination in the wild card game before starting the crazy run that won them the title.

For the first time in history - the home teams didn't win a single game in WS. Talk about road warriors. Now the fun starts - who is coming back, and who is leaving. Based on the fact that Gerritt Cole threw on his Boras Agency hat before the media even got to the locker room, the Astros can pretty much count him as gone (and in all honesty, pretty much a bush league move). Strasburg is opting out of the last 4 years of his deal with the Nats, and sounds like Rendon is going to be testing free agency as well.

As I texted with all my DC area friends after the game last night, I can think of worse things than both Strasburg and Rendon heading north on I-95 and joining Bryce in the city of brotherly love....