The 2019 Movie Thread

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Just because I got tired of updating the Avengers Infinity War thread......

What are you seeing/have you seen/want to see in 2019....

Just saw the trailer for Spiderman: Long Way from Home. All in! Plus Captain Marvel. Plus Avengers: Endgame. That will keep me happy for quite sometime.

redbird4

5.00 star(s)
I'm sure to see these:

Capt. Marvel.........Shazam......Dumbo.....Avengers.....Pokemon.....Spiderman

I'm sure there will be some more here and there as we go a long through the year.

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I saw the new Liam Neesan movie last Friday. It was so bad I cannot even remember the name of the movie. Even the people who were leaving the theater were saying it was bad. I thought Taken was a great movie. But this latest movie was just horrible.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I saw the new Liam Neesan movie last Friday. It was so bad I cannot even remember the name of the movie. Even the people who were leaving the theater were saying it was bad. I thought Taken was a great movie. But this latest movie was just horrible.

I didn't even know that he had a new movie out??? Last thing I remember seeing him in was Ted 2.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Thanks for the warning. Best regards, David

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
My son saw Captain Marvel on Sunday - said it was absolutely awesome! I am going to take his word for it, he is pretty good judging movies!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Wasn't totally jazzed for Shazam! But got a little amped up today.

My son and I were at our favorite little comic book store (Four Corners Comics in Gettysburg) on Sunday (I was going stir crazy sitting in the house working all weekend) and they had a little clipboard to sign up to win two tickets to the opening weekend of Shazam! So what the heck, put my name on the list and low and behold got the following email message, ended up the grand prize winner, which included the following:

Congratulations! Your name was selected in our Shazam! giveaway with Fourcorners Comics & Games and R/C Gateway Theater 8. As grand prize winner, you will receive a pair of passes to see Shazam! at R/C Gateway Theater 8 and an official movie poster as well as Shazam! Pop vinyl, backpack, tee shirt and action figure. You can pick up your prizes TONITE at the Premiere showing of Shazam!

If you ever happen to be in the Gettysburg area - stop by FourCorners, the owners are awesome, the selection is great and they are great with kids. They also have an entire room (like 7 tables) devoted entirely to gaming like Magic! the Gathering and the like, if that is your thing.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Have been a fan of Hellboy and Ron Perlman for tears. I don't think David Harbour can replace him.

Never got into Hellboy -- feels like they are starting to just make the same movies with different lead actors. They did it with the first Spiderman reboot.

My son saw Shazam! over the weekend and absolutely loved it. So I guess I will be adding it to the list to see in the future.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Kind of forgot about this thread...

Was able to squeeze in a couple minutes a couple weeks ago and see Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse. I am jaded because I love just about all things Spiderman related, but this was definitely a fun movie and portrayed in such a different way than we are used to seeing Spiderman on the big screen. Hopefully they will do some more like this one!

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Saw John Wick 3 .....Keanu Reeves with co-stars of Halle Berry and Lawrence Fishburne......also looking forward to the Spiderman movie in July. Best regards David