The 2019 Movie Thread

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
I went and saw Joker a couple weeks ago and thought it was absolutely horrible. It was more about mental health and the usual "rich people bad" play. I am tired of going to a movie and getting a political statement.

Thanks for the review! Was thinking about going...instead will save money for the topps chrome updates!

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I went and saw Joker a couple weeks ago and thought it was absolutely horrible. It was more about mental health and the usual "rich people bad" play. I am tired of going to a movie and getting a political statement.

Thanks for the review! Was thinking about going...instead will save money for the topps chrome updates!

Have heard mixed reviews on The Joker - I am passing on it, even for home viewing. Not much that has been released lately has any type of interest to me. Once I see Spiderman: Far From Home, I should be fully caught up on everything I need to see.

Like the call on using the saved $$ on more cards!

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Finally able to see Avengers:End Game -- way late to the party, as per the usual!

Absolutely love the way they wrapped it up and yet left it open to as many sequels as they could possibly want! Thinking that Fat Thor was my favorite part of the whole thing. Bummed about who won't be rejoining them in the future..unless Dr. Strange has more tricks up his sleeves.
But they got rid of my favorite super hero!

budd2222

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
The movie I want to see is Richard Jewell Directed by Clint Eastwood. At 89 Y/O he puts out one quality movie after another. You would think he would get more love from the Oscar voters.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The movie I want to see is Richard Jewell Directed by Clint Eastwood. At 89 Y/O he puts out one quality movie after another. You would think he would get more love from the Oscar voters.

The last Eastwood movie that I saw was Gran Torino - loved that one. Want to see The Mule?? I think that is another one of his.

budd2222

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
The last Eastwood movie that I saw was Gran Torino - loved that one. Want to see The Mule?? I think that is another one of his.

To me his last two acting roles, Trouble With The Curve and The Mule were not all that great. As a Director and Producer few can touch him. With telling the story of Richard Jewell on how he went from hero to murder suspect i think he will do well. No amount of money was enough for what he went thru.

chief wahoo

MVP
5.00 star(s)

I agree that his last movie that I really enjoyed was Gran Torino. It seems like lately he has taken on these relatively recent heroic events as the subjects of his films. While Sully and 15:17 to Paris are great stories, I didn't feel like there was enough meat in either story to warrant a feature length film. So I'm a bit worried that Jewell will be more of the same. Maybe, he could have incorporated the capture of Eric Rudolph which is also an interesting story.

budd2222

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I agree that his last movie that I really enjoyed was Gran Torino. It seems like lately he has taken on these relatively recent heroic events as the subjects of his films. While Sully and 15:17 to Paris are great stories, I didn't feel like there was enough meat in either story to warrant a feature length film. So I'm a bit worried that Jewell will be more of the same. Maybe, he could have incorporated the capture of Eric Rudolph which is also an interesting story.

If they do how and why Richard Jewell got a job as a security guard. What he did before the bombing and everything that happened after. How his life was ruined and until his death that day haunted him. As far as Eric Rudolph his name should never be spoken again. How many nut cases would see what he did and get a idea on how to become famous.

budd2222

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Went and saw Richard Jewel, it is the best Eastwood movies in a long time. I was put off by his political bias. He never had done this before so I was surprised by it. But in this age if your dead your fair game. All in all a very good movie.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Went and saw Richard Jewel, it is the best Eastwood movies in a long time. I was put off by his political bias. He never had done this before so I was surprised by it. But in this age if your dead your fair game. All in all a very good movie.
If the star war movie is to busy.....I can always catch Richard Jewel....I agree with u on Eastwood's political view! Best regards, David