The 2019 NFL Thread

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Raiders on a road for long time......could this be Jon Gruden last year with the Raiders? Best regards, David

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Raiders on a road for long time......could this be Jon Gruden last year with the Raiders? Best regards, David

I don't think so - he has made all the moves to position them for Vegas and a run starting at that point.

Didn't learn a lot from this past week, except that the Eagles stink - sure hope that Ben Simmons has a jump shot this season to keep Philly interested in sports until spring training 2020. Chiefs handled their business at home against the Ravens. The Patriots have looked great against inferior competition - which in reality, is just about every season for them......

Big question - is Cam done in Carolina????? nagging injury, huge cap hit upcoming.....if someone offers them a pick or two, does Carolina let him go???? The team looked really good with a backup QB under center this week...

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Looks like Melvin Gordon is giving up his holdout and coming back to the Chargers. Proving that you need to have some sort of leverage if you are going to sit out! On the plus side, the Chargers get their star RB back and he is 8 weeks fresher than everyone else in the league.

Still no word on where Antonio Brown may end up signing..if anywhere. But the release of the video of him throwing furniture out of his condo window can't be good for his future.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Looks like Melvin Gordon is giving up his holdout and coming back to the Chargers. Proving that you need to have some sort of leverage if you are going to sit out! On the plus side, the Chargers get their star RB back and he is 8 weeks fresher than everyone else in the league.

Still no word on where Antonio Brown may end up signing..if anywhere. But the release of the video of him throwing furniture out of his condo window can't be good for his future.

He is fresher....but that also can be big mistake......he could have an injury because he did not practice or do his workouts.......now he going in cold to a live game!! Best regards, David

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
He is fresher....but that also can be big mistake......he could have an injury because he did not practice or do his workouts.......now he going in cold to a live game!! Best regards, David

Valid point - it has happened before, on many occasions. Hopefully it doesn't though - never like to see anyone go down with injury.

Eagles up by 1 at halftime, know it is early in the season - but this is almost must win for them. 1-3 in the NFC may be a tough hill to climb.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Not sure if the Eagles saved their season on Thursday night, but it was definitely a big win for them. If the Cowboys got to 4-0, the Eagles could win both from them later in the year and still be behind them in the standings. Not sure why the Packers didn't try to run the ball at least once on 1st goal at the end of the game...

Curious if anyone else sees the strategy for knockout pools this year as either - take the Chiefs or Pats, because they both have a shot at 16-0....or just take whoever is playing the Dolphins???

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Bloody day in Benski football contest! 2 wins 7 loses.........two gone as they had two strikes. Four members had the Rams....I had the Ravens......winners had Chargers.....and one had Falcons...losted..and one had the Colts...losted to the raiders.....Best regards, David

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Bloody day in Benski football contest! 2 wins 7 loses.........two gone as they had two strikes. Four members had the Rams....I had the Ravens......winners had Chargers.....and one had Falcons...losted..and one had the Colts...losted to the raiders.....Best regards, David

That is brutal - the one I am in, there was a bunch of Rams/Ravens picks. I went the safe route and took the Chargers over the Dolphins.

Picking the Eagles next week......: ) Best regards, David

hopefully the good Eagles show up!! May have to add the Redskins to the "pick against every week" list. Especially with them playing New England next week.

Only saw the last 2 minutes of Broncos/Jags yesterday - Two straight big wins for the backup QB for the Jags - Minishew?? And the backup QB in Carolina has three straight wins - I don't even know his name?

Heard that Burfict took another shot at a receivers head and got ejected. And that OBJ threw a punch and ended up getting thrown down on the ground and choked.

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
that is brutal - the one i am in, there was a bunch of rams/ravens picks. I went the safe route and took the chargers over the dolphins.

Hopefully the good eagles show up!! May have to add the redskins to the "pick against every week" list. Especially with them playing new england next week.

Only saw the last 2 minutes of broncos/jags yesterday - two straight big wins for the backup qb for the jags - minishew?? And the backup qb in carolina has three straight wins - i don't even know his name?

Heard that burfict took another shot at a receivers head and got ejected. And that obj threw a punch and ended up getting thrown down on the ground and choked.

welcome to nfl version of wwf
on the other side my steelers better win tonight

David K.

5.00 star(s)
That is brutal - the one I am in, there was a bunch of Rams/Ravens picks. I went the safe route and took the Chargers over the Dolphins.

hopefully the good Eagles show up!! May have to add the Redskins to the "pick against every week" list. Especially with them playing New England next week.

Only saw the last 2 minutes of Broncos/Jags yesterday - Two straight big wins for the backup QB for the Jags - Minishew?? And the backup QB in Carolina has three straight wins - I don't even know his name?

Heard that Burfict took another shot at a receivers head and got ejected. And that OBJ threw a punch and ended up getting thrown down on the ground and choked.
I would have picked the Chargers over the hapless Dolphins....but already used them. Best regards, David PS rams lost to the Tampa Bay was wild. Best regards, David PS sad part I first was thinking about the Chiefs.....but decided it was on the road ...their three road game in 4 games! But can't complaint as raiders are on the road for 49 days....includes a bye.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Heard that Burfict took another shot at a receivers head and got ejected. Was that the Raider guy that was throw out of the game? He aim his helmet at the player and hit him.....Hope the NFL fines him. Best regards, David

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Heard that Burfict took another shot at a receivers head and got ejected. Was that the Raider guy that was throw out of the game? He aim his helmet at the player and hit him.....Hope the NFL fines him. Best regards, David

That is the one - it was about as cheap a shot as you could take at a guy. The league handed down a suspension for the balance of the 2019 season - warranted in my opinion...

What I didn't see mentioned is that the cornerback who came in to help make the tackle also led with his helmet and also made contact with the Colts players head - didn't see anything about a fine/ejection/suspension for him.

The OBJ play - how he didn't get ejected for throwing a punch is beyond me, he clearly cocked his fist back and took a shot at the Ravens player. On the flip side, the Ravens player clearly tried to choke OBJ. Apparently OBJ was was edgy because it was warm out and because he lost an earring on the field.... He is getting dangerously close to Antonio Brown level crazy.....

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Did they a replay on it and looked like he was head hunting! Congratulations Chief! Your steelers man handled the Bengals! Best regards, David

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Did they a replay on it and looked like he was head hunting! Congratulations Chief! Your steelers man handled the Bengals! Best regards, David

In my humble opinion - yes, he was clearly head hunting (targeting). He dropped the crown of the helmet and drove right through the Colts receivers helmet. Made even worse by the fact that he was basically defenseless at that point. Burfict also has quite a long history of playing like this - time for him to disappear from the league.

I have said it before - you can't have a lawsuit pending against the NFL regarding concussions, and yet, still have your players out there trying to take other players heads off on a week to week basis.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Hopefully...he gone for the season...but he does have his right to appeal the decision. Best regards, David

He absolutely does, and I believe he already has. Going to be tough to dispute the videotape though...

The LA RAM vs. Tampa Bay....was crazy!! Just like last year with the Rams vs. Chiefs!! Best regards, David

Rams/Bucs was crazy - and completely unexpected. Rams/Chiefs last year was expected to be crazy high scoring and fun! If Jameis Winston would play close to that level week in and week out, the Bucs might be a scary team. His consistency is the biggest issue with him since coming into the league.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Back to back Thursday night games that basically came down to the last play. Packers/Eagles last week & Rams/Seahawks this week - would not have expected a miss from 44 yards for Zeuerlein from the Rams.

Some good matchups this week - looking forward to seeing who is for real and who may be pretenders...