The Bench 2017 Sports Talk Thread

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Missed Colorado State Losing their bowl game....so Mountain West is currently 3 and 2 in bowl games. Happy Holidays, David

Have not watched a second of a bowl game yet -- have been a total non-commit to football this year, even fantasy, which I normally love, couldn't get interested in it.

With that said - The Eagles get home field throughout the playoffs....and get to use a backup quarterback. Not sure they could beat someone like the Rams/Saints/Panthers without Wentz. Vikings also get a first round bye. Ho-hum, so do the Patriots (didn't see it, but sounds like they got another beneficial call in a close game)...and Steelers I think get a bye as well.

Just over a week until the PGA season kicks off in Hawaii with the TOC.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Last regular games before the playoffs! Go Chiefs! Happy New Year, David

Curious who rests players and who makes a push for a bigger contract next year. And what will the big injury be - there always seems to be one that happens in Week 17 that has a bearing on the playoffs.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
And #1 goes down again....This time it is Villanova, losing to unranked Butler. Curious to see how interesting things get now that conference play is starting!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The only takeaway from the early games....C-Town..0-16, enjoy that dip in the lake Hue! Let's see what they can do with the #1/#4 picks in next years draft.

Coming tomorrow - the 2018 Sports Talk Thread....let's talk playoff seedings and potential SB winners...Patriots seems like the safe bet.....

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!!

ME BILLS AFTER 17 YEARS ARE HEADING TO THE PLAYOFFS THANKS TO THE BENGALS AND THE RAVENS HORRIBLE PASS DEFENSE

Bengals 4th and 12 with less than a 1 min left score on 49 yard TD and win 31-27

BRING ON THE JAGUARS !!!!