The Bench website blocked by malware?

tribefan

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Hello,
For the first time in over two months, my PC allowed www.thebenchtrading.com to load on my PC.
It was blocked by my security software for concerns over malware and things I mostly do not understand.

Did something happen here that might have caused this?
I've been clicking on the same TheBench website "favorite" link for as long as I've had this PC.

I was able to log into my account (after a required a password reset) and the few things I had going a number of weeks ago remain in the queue with indications that my trading partner was active during this time.

I've not had any problems with any other websites I use for my hobby... ebay, zoho, etc.,... just The Bench has been blocked.

Michael

Mike121

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I really have no clue as to why it would be blocked, and I've not received any other emails/messages about this from any other members. Does your anti-virus display any other kind of information about the type of malware? Also, what is the URL that your "favorite" is linked to?

Also, for future reference, if it happens again you can email me directly at [email protected]

tribefan

MVP
5.00 star(s)

That is the home page as far as I know and the one I used today.

When it first happened, I had tried with "www." in front of it but it gave me the same error.
I would try every few days, then maybe weekly, then maybe hadn't tried for the past 2-3 weeks... today it's back!

Mike121

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
As far as I'm aware nothing has changed with the home page in quite some time. I'm in the process, right now, of scanning the site with multiple malware scanners. So far they've all said the site is clean. The only ads are served directly from Google so that shouldn't be an issue either.

Unfortunately, without more details I'll likely be unable to find exactly what the problem was, unless one of the scanners does find an issue.

If it happens again, please try to shoot me an email with as much information from your anti-virus as possible so I can look into it a little bit better.

rlschles

Prospect
Michael - I looked at the lists on your profile. I will send you a PM, if it's not an intrusion.
Richard

Trade Night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!
Join in on the fun!

eBay

Members online

No members online now.