The Best Movie Franchise of All Time?

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Not going to make a poll for this one, just throwing it out for discussion - what are your top 5 or top 10 movie franchises of all time? Tons to choose from, so narrow it down - I deem a franchise to be at minimum 3 movies.

Indiana Jones (except for Crystal Skull, that was god-awful)
Star Wars
The Lord Of the Rings
Rocky
Friday the 13th
Halloween
Nightmare on Elm Street
Rambo
The Terminator
The Avengers
Jurassic Park
Saw
Scream

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
Did The Godfather not qualify for your list?
The Lord Of The Rings
Jurassic Park
I'm not into slasher movies but kind of like the Scream movies.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Ditto on the slasher movies....when to one a long time ago...first 5 minutes of the movie....and I walked out!
  • My Top Five: 1. Narnia (first one was outstanding) and the rest were good. 2. Lord of the Rings 3. Star Trek Movies 4. Lethal Weapon 5. Hunger games 6. Pirates of the Carribean! 7. Harry Potter series 8.Avengers 9. Jurassic Park 10. Star Wars

Last edited:

bigwallastyle

5.00 star(s)
Ummmmm. Godfather is the clear cut best series even though III was slightly weaker. Only because first two were so fantastic.

A far second place is LOTR because of the sheer size and scope of what they did- live action and CGI were both used to create an entire world. Well made.

I would say Star Wars but the last installments (haven't bothered to bore myself through the last one) were so God awful. If you could cut those out and only count the first six, it would be worthy of consideration as well.

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
Love LOTR, Godfather, Indy, Back To the Future, original Star Wars, old Planet of the Apes, the Narnia series and I am sure there are a few others.

cmcjr99

5.00 star(s)
dont watch a lot of movies , but two that i do watch fairly often that i didnt see mentioned above are the alien and predator movies which of course ended up morphing together eventually...also liked the old police academy , revenge of the nerds , and smokey and the bandit movies.......

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
I'd go with the Godfather as #1. Mad Max would have beaten it out except Thunderdome was about a 2 on a scale of 10 and I could not watch more than 10 minutes of Fury Road as it was just ridiculously bad.

Dirty Harry was another good franchise that kept on making a few too many movies. And like Mad Max, the Terminator should have stopped after the 2nd movie. Out of the original list I have only seen a couple of the Rambos and Rockys and the original Star Wars movie just once and none of them did much for me. I have not seen any of the others listed in the first post which I'm not sure if is weird or a positive thing so I'll go with the latter. LOL!!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
No pirate lovers...just sheep....

Enjoyed the first couple, but by the end, Depp was just so over the top, it was unwatchable. And than add Penelope Cruz..no thanks!

Do enjoy that folks are adding to the original list. Lethal Weapon was one I forgot about, just like Toy Story and hunger Games

mgm37

5.00 star(s)
Die Hard
James Bond
The Kingsman (not officially 3 until this summer then there will be 4. They are releasing a prequel and another sequel.)