The Six Year Failure (and a success)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyBrawler

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
This could have been a cool story. Unfortunately it isn't.

I'm back in Wichita Falls for the weekend. For those who don't know, I've been living in Arlington for the last few months while my wife is still back in Wichita Falls. We plan to get her (and everything we own) moved down near the end of the year. All I have down there are my cards, autographs, an air mattress, clothes, computer, and rudimentary kitchen supplies. Pretty simple life actually-- and don't mistake it for complaining, as I'm certainly not.

It feels weird to have a TV again. I've honestly almost forgotten such a thing exists.

Anyways, I apparently had a few TTM's come back since the last time I saw her (two weeks ago)...

Based on the postmark, one came in on June 29-- Charlie Ward, c/o Westbury Christian School, 15 months. Signed my two cards, but kept my Heisman CIC.

The latter one though was more of an annoyance than anything...

I sent to Richard Dent back on August 24, 2007. I thought this was long gone quite a while ago. Today, I see an envelope with a return address sticker from the Make A Dent Foundation, and 5 cents postage added. I thought I was in for the shock of a lifetime here nearly six years later.

Instead, my cards were unsigned with a note: "Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, we are unable to favor your request for an autograph. Please know, we appreciate your appeal." Frankly, I think I'd just rather not have gotten anything back instead.

Richard Dent has made a few Chicago area appearances since making the HOF. I'd like to get him on a print I've had Dan Hampton and Otis Wilson sign (also would need Singletary and Wilbur Marshall), but at $75-plus asking price, I think I'll wait awhile.

Yeah I got Dent back before he was a HOFer, that sucks for you! Seems like once the HOF is after there name the price sky rockets!