The Younger Crowd Doesn't Know About Movie (or Novel) History: Wolfman vs Twilight

JamesNevans

5.00 star(s)
This was a riot! I had to post it.

Yesterday, George 'El Guapo' Roush from LatinoReview.com posted a fan's response to Universal's latest werewolf flick, The Wolfman – a remake of the 1941 classic. (Read Techland's review of the reboot here.) In a typo-ridden fit of rage, the note's author lets loose on the werewolf lore presented in The Wolfman, damning their accusations that any werewolf would ever transform into "some deformed mutation of a rapid dog" or be killed by a silver bullet.

I'll let you read for yourselves:

To whom this may concern:

This movie was a complete waste and I feel that it offends ALL Twilight Fans around the world, that including myself. For one, it was a COMPLETE remaking of the Wolf Pack from the Twilight Saga: New Moon. It gives the werewolves a bad name and makes them look like some deformed mutation of a rabid dog. I actually started to like werewolves after seeing Jacob Black and all his awesomeness on the big screen at the movies. That was until I saw your crappy remake of what you call to be a "were wolf". I don't see how you live with yourself for making it the way you did. If I made this movie, I would be ashamed to even admit that I owned it. How can a werewolf be killed with a silver bullet? Better yet, have you saw the transformation of the man that is "supposed" to be the wolf? He sits in some chair and his entire body turns in to some mutated freak. If you would watch the transformation of Jacob Black, (Taylor Lautner) he doesn't come close to looking as fake, cheap and or mutated as the wolf man. You tell me, who looks to be the better werewolf. Your stupid Wolf Movie didn't even make the top Movie for the charts; Valentines Day WITH TAYLOR Lautner! Get that this is MY oppinion and I felt I wanted to express it because I saw that your email was on your site. I wanted to let you know this is what i thought of the wolf man that sucks.

jrchoholic83

5.00 star(s)
Wow! I didn't know that there was any other kind of werewolf other than the kind that is a mutated looking hybrid that gets killed by silver bullets.

Taliasen

5.00 star(s)
Recent status updates from my facebook page:

I was into vampires, wolves and werewolves BEFORE 'Twilight' made it cool to be. I hate wannabes and bandwagoners.

In real life, boys who sparkle in sunlight are not interested in dating girls.

Does that blogger seriously believe the the author of the Twilight series created vampires and werewolves for the first time? Study the mythos, history and legends! Show some respect to the classic movies and novels! In the very least watch some modern (pre-Twilight) films that attempt to portray the mythology correctly. Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Brotherhood of the Wolf, Interview with a Vampire, Queen of the Dammed, heck even the Blade trilogy, Underworld trilogy and VanHelsing are entertaining and are closer to the legends and mythology then the Twilight series in all of their walking around in the sunlight sparkly wet dreams!

Tal

knightfam5

5.00 star(s)
Apparently this kid has not seen movies such as The Howling, American Werewolf in London or even Waxworks, all which have pretty impressive man to wolf mutations. For this kid to think that a remake of a movie from 1941 is a rip off of a moronic kids movie such as Twilight has got be completely idiotic and he surely doesn't need to be posting reviews of movies that are not intended for teens/tweens. In other words, this kids daddy probably took him to see Wolfman and the kid crapped himself and is in turn taking out his rage and embarrassment on the movie just because it scared the pooh out of him. Somebody should have told him that vampires & werewolves would rather just rip your friggin' throat out than date your sixteen year old kid sister just hoping against all hope that she may still like him even though he twinkles and/or may turn into a german shepard.
-Keith

MrBlackisBack

4.90 star(s)
As I have previously stated, the internet is a great tool as it gives everyone with access a voice. Unfortunately, some of these idiots should have stayed mute...