The YSL Set - ADDITIONAL CARDS NEEDED - SET NOT COMPLETE

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Or would it be better for each member be assigned a missing card for them to track it down?

Numbers have been added (courtesy of akamikey).

Right now, I think the best strategy is to have as many people as possible looking for as many cards as possible. Once we find one, post in this thread and than we won't be bidding against each other.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
#5977 (Jeter) and #5634 (Wetteland) are on COMC.

And i have a message into a guy selling a large lot to see if he has any of the cards we need - will update that result as soon as he gets back to me.
Andy D has purchased 5977. Just to be clear, I will acquire 5634 from the Beckett Marketplace.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Have a lead on TCDB for:

#3985 - Graig Nettles​

Will keep you posted. Andy

Fantastic, just let me know - especially if you need anything from me to help pry it loose.

Side note -- I made the trip to New Jersey on Monday. the cards are now in the hands of the auction company. Not gonna lie, I wasn't allowed inside the doors, but what I could see from the drop off point had me salivating! What a cool job to do nothing but be around some of the most amazing sports memorabilia on a daily basis!!!

AndyDrummond

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Fantastic, just let me know - especially if you need anything from me to help pry it loose.

Side note -- I made the trip to New Jersey on Monday. the cards are now in the hands of the auction company. Not gonna lie, I wasn't allowed inside the doors, but what I could see from the drop off point had me salivating! What a cool job to do nothing but be around some of the most amazing sports memorabilia on a daily basis!!!
Do we have any remaining dupes?

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I'm wanting to post on another site. The thread I had there was closed by someone else. Dups please. Is the want list in post 39 useable?

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I'm wanting to post on another site. The thread I had there was closed by someone else. Dups please. Is the want list in post 39 useable?
I have not updated the dupes list yet -- have been sidetracked.

For the want list - use the one in post #1 -- it has been updated for the two cards already received and the third that is supposed to be incoming. Thanks.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
This is a really cool project, would love to hear about the history at some point. I am about to pick up 4298 from eBay if no one stops me in the next 5 minutes. @katester44 I gather you are the steward of the set so I should send it to you?

Fantastic - let me know when you are able to confirm that the deal has been made and I will make the notation in the initial post. Once you have it in hand, we can use the trade manager to get you all the address information, and yes, I am the current steward of the project. Greatly appreciate your help.

There are probably a half dozen threads with the history of the project - but the basics are that the members of The Bench decided to put this set together with the ultimate goal of having it auctioned off with proceeds going to The V Foundation.

smalltime35

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Fantastic - let me know when you are able to confirm that the deal has been made and I will make the notation in the initial post. Once you have it in hand, we can use the trade manager to get you all the address information, and yes, I am the current steward of the project. Greatly appreciate your help.

There are probably a half dozen threads with the history of the project - but the basics are that the members of The Bench decided to put this set together with the ultimate goal of having it auctioned off with proceeds going to The V Foundation.
The card has been shipped to me, should be here in a week or so. I'll post it up when it comes in!