MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Let's give this one the April Bump. Still looking for last 4 cards:

3663 -- Bobby Murcer
4312 - Reggie Jackson
5683 - Joe Torre
5953 -- Derek Jeter

Haven't seen any of them pop up on Ebay during recent searches. We know they are out there - let's find them so we can get this set in the summer auction. I am ready to jump back in the car and hand deliver them to ensure safe arrival.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I just browsed all of the "pick your card" auctions on eBay, COMC, and Sportlots. Didn't find any of these.

That said, let's not give up on this, folks! I'd love to see this one finally finished (again)!
@katester44 @Mike121

Odd question....would Pat Neshek be a guy to ask about this? I know he is one of America's premiere card collectors, and thought he may have some connections in the industry and card collecting world than the rest of us who did not play MLB for 13 seasons! https://twitter.com/PatNeshek is his twitter feed if anyone wants to try to get in touch with him!

Blessings,

Kevin

Last edited:

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
@katester44 @Mike121

Odd question....would Pat Neshek be a guy to ask about this? I know he is one of America's premiere card collectors, and thought he may have some connections in the industry and card collecting world than the rest of us who did not play MLB for 13 seasons! https://twitter.com/PatNeshek is his twitter feed if anyone wants to try to get in touch with him!

Blessings,

Kevin
@AndyDrummond, might be worth tagging him in a post about this on Twitter to see if he'll at least retweet it, if not offer to help us out?

AndyDrummond

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
@AndyDrummond, might be worth tagging him in a post about this on Twitter to see if he'll at least retweet it, if not offer to help us out?
I threw out a new tweet looking for the 4 cards yesterday and then tagged both Neshek and Phil Hughes in the comments. Neither has taken the time to help yet. They are not available through private messaging, not surprising, so we’ll just have to hope they might see it. If anyone has twitter, go find the tweet from @thebenchtrading and retweet and comment so that we get as much exposure as possible. On a side note, UD has already retweeted it for us...they are definitely looking forward to seeing it completed. -Andy

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Nothing on Comc.....when thru all 26 pages. Maybe were going about this the wrong way....what about the supercollectors? People who only collect Jeters or Jackson or Murcer or Joe Torres? Best regards, David

AndyDrummond

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I’m going to go back to TCDB when I get some time as that is where I found all those other ones. Maybe I can find someone else who is willing to part with a few.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Let's give this one the May Bump. Still looking for last 4 cards:

3663 -- Bobby Murcer
4312 - Reggie Jackson
5683 - Joe Torre
5953 -- Derek Jeter

Definitely want to try and wrap this up pretty quickly and make sure we can get in the summer auction. As @David K. stated above, I am happy to open up the wallet to get any/all of the last 4.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Gonna add this little tidbit regarding the auction -- I am now on the auction house mailing list and was surprised a couple weeks ago with their spring catalog.

As cool as it was to just get a peak inside their facility when I dropped the cards off and be able to catch a glimpse of what they had on the shelves, this catalog literally had me drooling. So. Much. Cool. Stuff!!!!!!!!

auction.jpgauction 1a.jpg