This winter stinks!!!!

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
Here in upstate NY it's frigid with a wind chill in the negatives!!! I live in the hills, resulting in intense drifting - I can barely see my above ground pool. The past few days I've been holed up in my home - I'm a teacher and we've had a snow day and a 2-hour delay last week. Quite frankly, I'm suffering from cabin fever. Nothing is holding my interest - not collecting, not TV and everyone in my home is lethargic or cranky. On a whim, went to youtube and watched the 1979 MLB All-Star Game - excellent game if you have a few hours to kill.

I know those of you in the Northeast are probably going through the same. How are you beating the "blahs"?

Jay

heritage

5.00 star(s)
Jay I know just what your talking about, I need spring bad. I live in Northbridge Ma just out side of Worcester Ma and after this storm that make 8 feet 3 inches of snow in 3 weeks. Plus I work outside in this crap 50 hours a week. I'd done.

Stay safe,

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
Hey Jay
I hear you on the weather, been bad here too in Rhode Island our school were off and on and as being a basketball coach lost practices and games now playing like 4 games in five days welcome to the NBA haha but in between the snow flakes and staying indoors been trying to put my cards together like basketball, football and baseball together instead all in the same boxes
Hopefully we will see the green grass soon
later
Tom

Beachbum

5.00 star(s)
Sometimes I forget its winter, feeling for you guys up there, I used to live in Ohio so I have some experience with what you are going through....hang tough!

bluewatertrader

5.00 star(s)
Windchill here right now is -23° tonight windchill -35°

I'm going to go where its warmer like Anchorage Alaska it's 32° there

Last edited:

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I can deal with the cold but the snow is piling up here pretty bad. You are taking your life in your own hands when you pull out of your driveway. I live northwest of Worcester, Mass and we have about 4 feet of snow on the ground now. And I do not see it melting anytime soon.

Rhubarb_Runner

5.00 star(s)
Christmas time of 1983: -46° and -105° windchill. Of course, in NW MN when you get the winter blahs you go outside and play snow football, snowmobile, build forts, ice fish...

The G

5.00 star(s)
Went to work yesterday the temp was -13. As you get older you don't deal with cold as well. Less than 1200 days and I'm retiring to SoCal but who's counting. Haha.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Sorry to hear about all of the snow back east....Wish we had some of it...as we could use the water! Best regards, David

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I hear you on nothing holding your interest right now. I have cabin fever like nobodys business. To look at something different I went out into my garage over the weekend to putter around - and it was 10 degrees out.