Thought I'd share this....

bubby01

5.00 star(s)
Just recently joined the blowout trading forum. Is it just me
or are the people there crazy? Lots of bashing and ugly arguments.
And the profanity is terrible. Any thoughts?:)

David K.

5.00 star(s)
That why I prefer staying on The Bench! Does the blowout board have any moderators? Are there any rules or requirements on the blowout board like or smiliar to The Bench's? Best regards, David

jflan702

5.00 star(s)
I was there for a couple of days, but just couldn't keep reading all of the BS. I like thier sales, but not thier forums.

bubby01

5.00 star(s)
You know I like BS threads sometimes. They are entertaining, but
that seems to be the majority of threads on there. Moderators are
pretty loose over there it seems. Blowout being a card business as
well you'd think they would frown on the excessive profanity. Not
just the occasional hell or crap, but the big ones.

DaClyde

5.00 star(s)
The only plus to Blowout's forum are forums for spamming your sales listings from other sites, the eBay block list threads and the COMC feedback thread. The rest is just an exaggeration of SCF. Blowout's board doesn't even have a trade manager, it's no wonder so many people are always calling each other out for bad trades. Their iTrader is worthless as it is strictly a feedback system.

There are some good conversations there, but they're buried in the shouting.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
The only plus to Blowout's forum are forums for spamming your sales listings from other sites, the eBay block list threads and the COMC feedback thread. The rest is just an exaggeration of SCF. Blowout's board doesn't even have a trade manager, it's no wonder so many people are always calling each other out for bad trades. Their iTrader is worthless as it is strictly a feedback system.

There are some good conversations there, but they're buried in the shouting.

Thanks for the information. Best regards, David

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
It's a sad commentary on the whole blog/chat/forum thing. On many many many sites they seem to think that "freedom of sppech" means you can say anything anytime anywhere. It saddens me to see "how far we've come". If you give the lowest of the low the same voice as the respectful/moral/decent people it just seems to drag everybody down. It used to be that you could say what you want but communication was such that you could only reach a few people. NOW, you think it's okay to make love to a gerbil ? You put it out there and the other 100 people on the planet that agree with you think they're normal because there's a chat board where they all talk to each other.

And, heaven forbid, you should tell someone they're out of line, either online or in person ! Now you're a bigot or you're violating their civil rights.

BOTTOM LINE........ I agree with you 100%. I don't know how we could do it but forums like blowoutcards are disgusting and shouldn't be allowed to "broadcast" their stuff to the general public.

Maybe something like what some people have suggested.........Have a different url address like we have .com, .org or .gov.. Any site that lets people say ANYTHING would be designated .xxx.

There's nothing wrong with keeping the playboys behind the counter with a brown wrapper on them. The internet is the same. There's no reason to not segregate this stuff.

DMS6391

4.90 star(s)
I haven't ventured to other card forums besides Beckett and the Bench, but I do post on other sports forums (NC State related mainly) and the Bench by far is the friendliest and best moderated. I am very thankful for that

bubby01

5.00 star(s)
mintman2- seems like they would at least have some sorta disclaimer
at the very least. I've traded with many kids on various sites and I think
its safe to say that many kids are reading that stuff on blowout.
I don't agree with censorship per say, but decencesy(spell check) and
common sense seem to be in short supply these days.