Thug Chiefs

Boots

5.00 star(s)
Audio surfaces in which Tyreek Hill of the Chiefs admits threatening his wife/girlfriend and abusing his son! Yet Chiefs only tell him not to come to OTA's. What more do they need to kick this hoodlum to the curb? It's not as if the Chiefs have not had any history with players with domestic violence issues!

Boots

5.00 star(s)
Oh, and I forgot: Chiefs just traded for Frank Clark who was kicked off the University of Michigan football team after he was arrested on domestic violence charges!
What an organization!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Audio surfaces in which Tyreek Hill of the Chiefs admits threatening his wife/girlfriend and abusing his son! Yet Chiefs only tell him not to come to OTA's. What more do they need to kick this hoodlum to the curb? It's not as if the Chiefs have not had any history with players with domestic violence issues!
We talked about this in another thread - not just the Chiefs, the entire NFL. They truly need to get their house in order in terms of handling this sort of thing.

And for all the talk of Hill yesterday -- I saw where somebody drafted a kid out of Mississippi St???? that they have on video pummeling a woman on the ground while he was in high school. It is never going to stop until the teams put an end to it.

Bottom line is -- if someone can make you $$$ and/or make your team better - teams are going to sign them.

Boots

5.00 star(s)
The discussion in another thread was about domestic violence but got skewed by discussion of instances of general bad behavior issues that NFL teams have with players (one in particular that was mentioned was Plaxico Burress). While I don't condone any of that other behavior, the issue I am trying to address is that of domestic violence. Shooting yourself in the leg is stupid, but you inflict your own punishment/pain on yourself. Domestic violence is much worse. Statistically the victims of domestic violence are overwhelmingly women.
I don't think there is another team in the league with the Chief's track record when it comes to players with domestic violence issues-if there is I am open to education. And no one has told me why the Chiefs just don't seem to get it?

Boots

5.00 star(s)
Is it true that the Chiefs, in the wake of losing Kareem Hunt and potentially Tyreek Hill, are tying to lure Ray Rice and Adam "Pac Man" Jones out of retirement to add to Frank Clark so that they don't lose their team chemistry?

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Is it true that the Chiefs, in the wake of losing Kareem Hunt and potentially Tyreek Hill, are tying to lure Ray Rice and Adam "Pac Man" Jones out of retirement to add to Frank Clark so that they don't lose their team chemistry?
I heard much the same. Team chemistry was the main factor in these moves.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
I will repeat - until there is a true punishment for having these types of players on your roster, nothing is going to change. I can name 4 franchises that had murderers on their team (none of them the Chiefs) and no punishment was given to them.

If a player can help a team win - they will get another chance. Honestly, there was more protesting against Michael Vick than against the majority of the current players with issues!

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
I will repeat - until there is a true punishment for having these types of players on your roster, nothing is going to change. I can name 4 franchises that had murderers on their team (none of them the Chiefs) and no punishment was given to them.

If a player can help a team win - they will get another chance. Honestly, there was more protesting against Michael Vick than against the majority of the current players with issues!
Unfortunately there seems to be more outrage on this board over the Raiders breaking the Rooney Rule and Bob Kraft and his extra cirricular activities. But I guess some have different priorities than others.

But as long as the teams wear pink in October, it's all good.

Boots

5.00 star(s)
In the interests of even handed posting, it is reported today that the Johnson County, Kansas District Attorney's Office is advising that it does not have an active investigation open regarding Tyreek Hill. Despite their prior statement that they believed a crime had been committed regarding Hill's son, they apparently do not have conclusive evidence as to who committed it.
There is still an open case with the Kansas Department for Children and Families.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
In the interests of even handed posting, it is reported today that the Johnson County, Kansas District Attorney's Office is advising that it does not have an active investigation open regarding Tyreek Hill. Despite their prior statement that they believed a crime had been committed regarding Hill's son, they apparently do not have conclusive evidence as to who committed it.
There is still an open case with the Kansas Department for Children and Families.
Sounds much like the Jussie Smollet case in Chicago.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Aren't both of these from the Midwest, the bread basket of America, where people are genuine and sincere and without the East Coast Edge and Attitude??
Celebrity hero worship, which is a huge problem these days with the advent of social media, knows no geographical boundaries.

Boots

5.00 star(s)
The Chiefs' reputation for poor personnel choices when it comes ot its players is evidenced again:
07/30/20: A former Kansas City Chiefs player, charged in November by federal prosecutors in a drug trafficking case, has been charged with burglary after allegedly taking purses from a property last year.Cass County prosecutors in June charged Saousoalii “Junior” Siavii Jr., 41, with felony second degree burglary and a misdemeanor of stealing.
Siavii appeared in 26 games with the Chiefs in 2004-05

No other team in the NFL seems to have had so many bad eggs.

Boots

5.00 star(s)
And now three Chief players opt out of 2020 season. talk about players turning their backs on their team, as was commented in another thread about a NY Mets player who opted out. LOL

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
dont forget rae carouth

cjay101

5.00 star(s)
I'm not even going to touch the comments between you two adult members that are more than capable of dealing with each other.

Getting back on topic....the Chiefs are no more of a 'bad apple' than any other team. Over the last 20 years they rank 7th in arrests. I'm frankly more disturbed by the fact that WR and CB (divas) are the most arrested players across the league. I would have guessed Dlinemen.

That being said, bringing up an recent arrest case from someone who was out of the league 15 years ago doesn't shower any amount of credibility to the argument of the current franchise.....new owner, new gm (x3), new coach (x3)....

http://www.nflarrest.com/

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
F the negative.....we have enough of that in the world today don't you think...though I do not agree with David K. about closing this thread (unless it goes the way it is going)....change the title and make a discussion on certain players disgusting behaviors (if you so choose that route), Not ALL Chiefs are THUGS......I can't stand the negative BS and people focusing in on that, just trying to get under peoples skin.

How about GREAT CITIZEN KC CHIEFS:
https://www.chiefs.com/community/

Sponsors