Time to sell???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierBuddy

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Ive been thinking for a while now it might be time to start purging the collection. Not really into trading anymore, amd they're just sitting in a lot boxes all over my house.

When do you guys think its time to pack it in and sell off your collection$?

Good question. Ive thought about it and concluded maybe during retirement. Its just been such a fun hobby and honestly after collecting for 40 years, Its become part of my identity. Everybody in my life knows exactly what to get me for every occasion. I dont think I could ever sell them all though. Leave some of my favorites to the grandkids to do with as they please.

Anytime your tried or things start to pile up! I started with the smaller sets and inserts first..... things not in my personal collection and are willing to get rid of......I'm an insert collector.....thats why I collect low number inserts or refractors....I sold my 1998 almost complete Finest the man refractor cards....serial to 75....and used the money for my new computer and new smart phone. Best regards, David

Everytime I sell something I buy two more so at this point it’s unlikely. I don’t blame anyone who does though. I should have massively downsized in 2020-21

Everytime I sell something I buy two more so at this point it’s unlikely. I don’t blame anyone who does though. I should have massively downsized in 2020-21

This is the statement I most relate to. I sold a bunch of stuff when wax prices were through the roof and tough to find. Now that I can find stuff again, I jumped right back in to building sets. Everything that I got rid of, I have replaced 2x over with new stuff.

Eventually, my assumption is that my son will take a majority of my collection and just cut bait on the boxes of junk wax.

I think you should pull all your Royals cards and send them to me. Then your burden will be lessened by 0.333333%... and that's a good start to achieving peace of mind.

Well, I dont have any kids or grandkids, and nobody buys me cards. Lol. I just think its timr.

You should start posting up cards for sell here to see what type of action you get.

I'm always in the buying mood and I know there quite a bit of users here that are in the buying mood as well.