Tips for sending for TTM Autos

Butch

4.90 star(s)
Well a few people just asked me what do I send, what do I say, ect., and rather then typing it over and over, Ill just post it here...

FOr starters, make sure the person you are sending to signs. I hate it when I send to someone and set it back RTS.

Secondly, when you write to them, dont go on a rant. Keep it kinda short. Normally I say this below....
Dear Mr xxxx,
I was wondering if you could please sign the enclosed card for me? I collect autos of retired sports stars and I'd like to add this to my collection If possible, can you please personalize it to me?
Thanks & God bless
Butch

(PS: I enclosed a Bible tract for you I hope the verses in it can somehow be a blessing.)

that fits on a 3x5 index card, so it cuts down the shipping to one stamp :D.

Now ALWAYS send a sase. I know some that dont and they wonder why they dont get anything back.

Send a card that you can lose. Sometimes they wont send it back or somtimes it can get lost in the mail. Dont send anything you dont wanna lost. Nrmally I send cards from the 80s and back. They are easy to write on and they are WAY over produced.

Well thats all I can think of right now. if you have any questions, ask......

penguincontact

5.00 star(s)
envelopes

I havn't officially started TTMs yet. But I am prepared with this right now. Let me know if I am headed in the wrong direction.

A small envelope that doesn't need to be licked (sticker adhesive)(sase). With an index card letter (handwritten). Put these 2 things with the card to be signed in a #10 envelope. =0)

stpitner

5.00 star(s)
What about the case that the cards are placed inside of? I saw one person mention that they sent a top load and the player signed the outside of the top loader (my apologies for who posted that, I forget which one I was reading). Top load with poly or just top load (doubtful on just top load due to ease of shifting card)

Has anyone tried Billy Williams? One address I found said to send it c/o HOF. That was my dad's fav player, and it would be neat to have him sign something!

Butch

4.90 star(s)
Stp
some ust dont card what they sign LOL.

As for Williams, check my success lists... I believe he is on there

StevieBreech

Below is a sample of a letter I generally use in request of an autograph. Please use it and you will see your collection double, maybe even triple.

Dear Mr./Mrs. Jones,
I am a great fan of you. I have followed you throughout your career and think you have made a great contribution to the sport of (what ever sport they are involved in) (You may want to include some memory you have of them here, ex. I remember when you hit the game winning homerun in the 96 WS.)
I would be greatly honored if you would find the time to sign the enclosed card(s) for me(i usually send 3). You will notice there are three cards included. Please keep one for yourself if you wish. All I ask is that you sign two for me.
I appreciate your time.
Sincerely,
Terrell

tkiker

5.00 star(s)
I'm strongly considering expanding into this branch of the hobby. Anybody know where I can get some addresses of some former phillies?

AGRockstar

Do you guys always send cards? Or is it better to just send a letter because I have heard many players wont sign cards. Let me know please.

Thanks guys!

Adam

mort

5.00 star(s)
Do you guys always send cards? Or is it better to just send a letter because I have heard many players wont sign cards. Let me know please.

Thanks guys!

Adam
Just send whatever you'd like autographed....sports cards, baseballs, photos, mini helmets, index cards, anything.

One rule of thumb: Don't send anything you wouldn't be disappointed to lose. Some collectors send "permission letters" to the athlete before sending something of value. Of course, everything is sent with a SASE.

r2d2

Have you had successes sending envelopes that have to be licked?
My last TTM requests that I sent were with a SASE that need to be licked, I hope the player would be nice enough to do it.

mort

5.00 star(s)
Even though I send the self-adhesive envelopes as SASEs, I've never heard of a trend that would indicate one type of envelope yields a higher success-rate than another.